British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How to send app to Adelaide? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-send-app-adelaide-108727/)

M4rk Jun 5th 2002 10:27 pm

How to send app to Adelaide?

How do you all send your apps to Adelaide?

We sent ours through the GPO (Parcel force Business Post) which was a guaranteed delivery within 5 days, expected delivery within 3.

According to Parcel force's web track service, and their customer advise centre our app is 'notified & on its way' - we posted it on the 16th May!

I have had to chase the parcel / packet myself and have found a very friendly Australian post / customs service who assure me the parcel was delivered on the 22/05/02.

I am wondering how you suggest we post the medicals / police checks to Adelaide when these are requested as I dont have much faith in Parcel force any more.

All thought greatly received.
Thanks

ptlabs Jun 6th 2002 1:38 am

Re: How to send app to Adelaide?

I haven't done my medicals/police checks nor have I applied to Adelaide yet.

I have just sent in my skills application via FedEx, and I was extremely pleased with its value-for-money (I do not work for FedEx by the way). I tracked my package all the way to the ACS reception/front desk :-)

Perhaps you could do the same when your medicals/police checks need to be sent?

Cheers,
Peter

a1macc Jun 6th 2002 8:37 am

to be honest, I found the standard International Recorded service from the UK to be totally acceptable and reliable. I sent a number of packets off to Adelaide and all arrived safely and within the 2-4 day timescale.

Michael Morahan Jun 6th 2002 9:23 am

M4rk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > How do you all send your apps to Adelaide?
    >
    > We sent ours through the GPO (Parcel force Business Post) which was a guaranteed
    > delivery within 5 days, expected delivery within 3.
    >
    > According to Parcel force's web track service, and their customer advise centre our
    > app is 'notified & on its way' - we posted it on the 16th May!
    >
    > I have had to chase the parcel / packet myself and have found a very friendly
    > Australian post / customs service who assure me the parcel was delivered on the
    > 22/05/02.
    >
    > I am wondering how you suggest we post the medicals / police checks to Adelaide
    > when these are requested as I dont have much faith in Parcel force any more.
    >
    > All thought greatly received. Thanks

Just wondering why you have no faith in Parcel Force.

M4rk Jun 6th 2002 6:40 pm

Michael -

Parcel Force were my first choice... its just that after paying for the guaranteed service they still think the parcel has not been delivered.

I phoned the customer service line on several occassions and was told several things:

a) Parcel force deliver to the country then hand over to local mail service - Parcel force guarantee stops once packet arrives in destination country.

b) I should claim for a full refund as the packet was not delivered within the guaranteed time.

c) I would have to call Australia myself to try to locate the packet / find out why customs were keeping hold of it - they would / could not

d)no they did not have a number for customs australia.

e) my packet has not been delivered

f) they think my packet may have been delivered.

so even though Aus. mail tell me it has been delivered parcel force still insist it is with customs - needless to say when we post these apps we all start the waiting game - not knowing if the app has been delivered yet is just another thing to think about.

But on top of all that I may still use parcel force again - if Aus post are right they did deliver the parcel on time - it is only a problem ewith the tracking process. I shall have to wait and see - as I am still waiting the delivery proof.

Jaj Jun 7th 2002 1:20 am

>On 6 Jun 2002 20:20:47 GMT, M4rk <[email protected]> wrote:

>Michael -
    >
    >Parcel Force were my first choice... its just that after paying for the guaranteed
    >service they still think the parcel has not been delivered.
    >
    >I phoned the customer service line on several occassions and was told
    >several things:
    >
    >a) Parcel force deliver to the country then hand over to local mail service - Parcel
    > force guarantee stops once packet arrives in destination country.

I would have thought that DHL, TNT or FedEx can give door to door tracking and if
Parcel Force can't just go elsewhere.

If the package hadn't been delivered there would have been plenty of buck-passing.

Jeremy

ptlabs Jun 7th 2002 1:55 am

Originally posted by Jaj
I would have thought that DHL, TNT or FedEx can give door to door tracking and if Parcel Force can't just go elsewhere.
FedEx allowed me to track my documents (via the web) all the way. I sent it on June 4, FedEx delivered it on June 5 and ACS emailed an acknowledgement and ID # to me on June 6.

At least now I know that my application for skills assessment is in.

Rgds,
Peter

jsg Jun 7th 2002 6:26 am

I used DHL for one package and post for the other.

DHL have excellent online tracking and all that. They even have a standard message when they deliver the package to the wrong depot in Oz and have to send it to the right depot. Doesn't seem to make it any quicker, however, and very expensive: GBP 39 (from UK).

Second package went by (UK) International Registered mail with Swiftair and advice of delivery. Swiftair is supposed to give faster processing in the UK, and Registered gives signature on receipt as well as more-secure handling in transit. Advice of delivery was an afterthought, but a lifesaver for me - I have a stamp and signature that shows my package arrived on 7 May, just inside the higher-points deadline. This was actually quicker than DHL and *much* cheaper - GBP 9.

jsg

Leo Jun 7th 2002 3:21 pm

Hello,

I also sent an application to ACS via Express Mail that is trackable (sent from US).
I have been able to track it all the way to ACS receiving it at 3 PM on June 1.

The question is that I have not received acknowledgement from ACS via email or
letter. Is this a norm - Does ACS not acknowledge applications? Has anyone received
acknowledgement from ACS after applying?

Also a little bit concerned as ACS has not even charged my credit card until today
(June 7) - should I be concerned?

../Leo

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
    > >On 6 Jun 2002 20:20:47 GMT, M4rk <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Michael -
    > >
    > >Parcel Force were my first choice... its just that after paying for the guaranteed
    > >service they still think the parcel has not been delivered.
    > >
    > >I phoned the customer service line on several occassions and was told several
    > >things:
    > >
    > >a) Parcel force deliver to the country then hand over to local mail service -
    > > Parcel force guarantee stops once packet arrives in destination country.
    >
    > I would have thought that DHL, TNT or FedEx can give door to door tracking and if
    > Parcel Force can't just go elsewhere.
    >
    > If the package hadn't been delivered there would have been plenty of buck-passing.
    >
    > Jeremy

jsg Jun 7th 2002 4:13 pm

I have not received an acknowledgement yet, but they have charged my credit card. Some others in this group have said that two months for the acknowledgement is not unusual.

jsg

ptlabs Jun 7th 2002 4:17 pm

Hi Leo,

I sent my application to ACS via FedEx on June 4. It was delivered (tracked via web) on June 5. And I received an email acknowledgement with my ID # on June 6 from ACS.

Was pretty surprised to see lightning fast acknowledgement from ACS really. I don't believe my credit card has been charged just yet :-)

Rgds,
Peter

Originally posted by Leo
The question is that I have not received acknowledgement from ACS via email or letter. Is this a norm - Does ACS not acknowledge applications? Has anyone received
acknowledgement from ACS after applying?

Leo Jun 17th 2002 3:30 pm

Re: Does ACS acknowledge application? Answer: Yes and No!

I called ACS today and here is what they said:

1. They will acknowledge application for skill assessment only for "recent
graduates".

2. They will acknowledge and request more information if they find application
incomplete or missing major documentation - like work references, degrees, etc.

3. Otherwise, they will not communicate until they start processing your application
(which can be 2-3 weeks after they receive it). And may still never contact you
until the outcome.

They also told me that I should expect decision in 5-6 weeks. To everyone who has
impirically guessed that ACS is now moving fast, coincides with the time frame
mentioned to me as 5-6 weeks.

Hope I have shed some light for future applicants.

Regards

../Leo

ptlabs <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Leo wrote:
    > > The question is that I have not received acknowledgement from ACS via email or
    > > letter. Is this a norm - Does ACS not acknowledge applications? Has anyone
    > > received acknowledgement from ACS after applying?
    >
    > Hi Leo,
    >
    > I sent my application to ACS via FedEx on June 4. It was delivered (tracked via
    > web) on June 5. And I received an email acknowledgement with my ID # on June 6
    > from ACS.
    >
    > Was pretty surprised to see lightning fast acknowledgement from ACS really. I don't
    > believe my credit card has been charged just yet :)
    >
    > Rgds, Peter