Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to sell UK shares as non-UK resident

How to sell UK shares as non-UK resident

Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:03 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
mucklow is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How to sell UK shares as non-UK resident

I inherited some UK shares but am currently resident in Australia. I do have both UK and AU bank accounts with HSBC. I am going round in circles trying to find out how I can sell them. From what I understand recent legislation (a couple of years ago?) means that UK banks can't facilitate selling the shares to non-residents. I'm not looking to trade the shares as such, just sell them in due course.
Has anyone been in this situation and can suggest financial institutions or brokers who could help me?
mucklow is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.