Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How safe is Australia?

How safe is Australia?

Old Nov 5th 2002, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: How safe is Australia?

Originally posted by Kendoddsdadsdog
I think PB's doing a great job - you've got to look at the
darker side as well as the good side. I had no idea what
scum existed in Australia till I lived there - and that's true
of most places. Check out the good news for anyone moving to Adelaide - Australia's City of Corpses:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial10/adelaide/index.htm

or Sydney

http://www.crimelibrary.com/classics5/cobby/

Sleep easy
Just wandering are you from the Liverpool Area ??
Old Nov 5th 2002, 5:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You are a tease I wonder how many Aussies would own up to being part Abbo?.
Hope to return to the old Fart in Spring, Oh to be in England now Spring is here , I think it goes.

It will be pissing down with raid and cold.

I met someone who returned to the UK after 15 yerars in Australia, to quote them.

"The country looks the same, but what has happened to the people?"
Old Nov 5th 2002, 5:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
It will be pissing down with raid and cold.

I met someone who returned to the UK after 15 yerars in Australia, to quote them.

"The country looks the same, but what has happened to the people?"
Just seen friends who had 7 weeks holiday in UK rained 2 days ,come to WA pisses it down and cold for 5 months , good weather for awhile then to bloody hot to sit outside forget the fact the flies drive you nuts, dream on.This is not some holiday in the med the weather can be foul here to we get more gales than UK , had more power cuts here in one year than 38 years in UK.
What gets me about the people who come to Australia is 90% do not mix with anyone bar other Poms , Perth is a magnet because there is safety in numbers , says it all.By the way you will find out that air-con is the most important thing to buy here, being cool in summer is the be all and end all , baking is not all its cracked up to be

Last edited by pommie bastard; Nov 5th 2002 at 6:21 am.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Bump to the top
A classic thread to educate Jack Daws... on PB!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:03 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I'm curious - the first post on this thread is from PB, yet the 'thread starter' listed in the menu is 'dotty'....

Is dotty PB in drag...???? :scared: :scared: :scared:

(Suppose I'd better read the thread now.)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom
I'm curious - the first post on this thread is from PB, yet the 'thread starter' listed in the menu is 'dotty'....

Hmmm I was just having a nosey in the archives and thought it was quite amusing.
You're right! Just checked it out and the thread says Dotty, but its started by BP...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:22 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't realise Renth was such a street fighter.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:00 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I didn't realise Renth was such a street fighter.
Are you looking at my bird?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:11 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Are you looking at my bird?
And yer pint. What of it?
Old Feb 27th 2004, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by downunderpom

Excuse me!! PB's thread, cant take any credit for handiwork on Perth.

Not mine, so could someone get my name OFF thank you

Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stay or go ?
not whinging about UK vs Oz, but today at least two students were shot dead by a gunman in Monash University (Melbourne, Vic) - happened earlier today (monday 21st oct), havent seen news reports on it yet, so "unconfirmed" label goes next to it.

then there was the two vietnamese guys chased 400m through Melbourne CBD by 40 other vietnamese armed with kukri knives - one promptly hacked to death on the street, the other threw himself into the Yarra River to get away - and drowned.

also about 4 months ago, 4 streets away in sleepy old williamstown, a 23 year old sparky was stabbed in his bed, next to his wife, at 2am, by an assailant with a HOME MADE SAMURI SWORD !! Hasnt been caught (or so i am lead to believe - anyone in Melb capable of correcting me if wrong ?).

it happens EVERYWHERE. EVEN AUSTRALIA ! In every major city there is this kind of stuff - you just gotta be switched on and possess common sense.

Can you possibly be serious?!!! Making the point that Australia is dangerous and bringing up incidents from two years ago?!!!! That Monash Uni shooting was in 2002 (21st Oct was a Tuesday in 2003 in case you want to check).

As for those guys being chased down Chapel Street in Prahran (not the CBD) that was in July 2002! Are you going to start saying the Germans are war mongers because they picked a fight with the Polish 65 years ago?! There were three Vietnamese guys and after one of them had hit on a girl in Salt nightclub, her boyfriend called all his mates who were waiting outside for them when the club close. They chased them down the street, one of them fell over and they hacked him to death, the other two jumped in the Yarra and drowned.

Both of those incidents were as a result of Vietnamese youths not playing happy families. I didn't hear about the Williamstown one though.

I also agree with Renth that random trouble is far more common in the UK. Same goes with using bottles in fights. You can just look at somone and they'll pick a fight with you.

And anyone who thinks that associting crime with an ethnic group is racist then they need to get a clue. I've had abuse hurled at me for being white and had a group of Vietnamese surround me at a train station I had never been to before accusing me of punching their friend. If you think the Vietnamese Triad is just a community group then think again. Ethnic crime does exist, it is prominent and the fact that the police are accused of being racist if they aggressively try to target the problem means its even harder to control. Get a grip! Just because someone is white doesn't make them racist.

I love Australia's multi-culturalism but like all aspects of society, it isn't perfect. There are many migrants who have contributed positively to the country but this is tainted by the many who have just thrown it back in Australia's face.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jezdavies
Can you possibly be serious?!!! Making the point that Australia is dangerous and bringing up incidents from two years ago?!!!! That Monash Uni shooting was in 2002 (21st Oct was a Tuesday in 2003 in case you want to check).

As for those guys being chased down Chapel Street in Prahran (not the CBD) that was in July 2002!
This thread is from that time!!! lol!

It's gets a bit confusing when old threads are pulled back up!
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:18 pm
joem

Originally posted by jezdavies

LOL, jezdavies have at this thread, it was started in 2002

joem