Reload this Page >

How to register to teach in Victoria

How to register to teach in Victoria

Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

fjw999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to register to teach in Victoria

Hi

I'm looking to move to Melbourne in November. I'm an English teacher and am looking for advice on how to register in Victoria. I already have certification from NOOSR and hopefully have all the necessary paperwork.

A friend has advised me to register in advance so that I'm job ready when I arrive.

Has anyone gone through the process already?

Karen
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to register to teach in Victoria

Originally Posted by fjw999
Hi

I'm looking to move to Melbourne in November. I'm an English teacher and am looking for advice on how to register in Victoria. I already have certification from NOOSR and hopefully have all the necessary paperwork.

A friend has advised me to register in advance so that I'm job ready when I arrive.

Has anyone gone through the process already?

Karen
Welcome to the site Karen, I'm not a teacher but check out this site & see if it helps.

If not I will do 100 lines.

http://www.teaching.vic.gov.au/becom...gistration.htm
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice
Default Re: How to register to teach in Victoria

My partner has done it already and if you have kept copies of all the paperwork from the NOOSR registration, it was not too bad.

She has taught for quite a long time (she is sitting next to me so I am not going to say how many!!!) :scared: so she completed the experienced option. She needed a reference from the principal of the school where she was teaching and then sent it all off and copies of all her degrees, including transcripts of her degree and PGCE. I can't remember the exact amount, but I think it was about $130 for an assessment and a years registration. Took about 6 weeks and she got the first letter to give her temporary membership as it had to the full board for confirmation and this came through about a month later.