Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to realise a company is really registered in OZ?

How to realise a company is really registered in OZ?

Old Apr 11th 2009, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Live is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How to realise a company is really registered in OZ?

Hi to all,

I would like to know for sure if a particular company is really registered in Australia?

I looked in whitepages.com.au and yellowpages.com.au , but that company's name is not listed in neither of these two websites.

Is there any other way to realise if that company is currently registered in Australia? Any other database or website or ... ?

Thank you in advance...
Old Apr 11th 2009, 4:40 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: How to realise a company is really registered in OZ?

Australian Business Register (ABR)

The ABR is the central collection, storage and verification system for basic business identity information from all entities with an ABN.

ABRpublic is an online database that contains the publicly available information provided by businesses when they register for an ABN.

Have a look at http://abr.business.gov.au/(ukre1l55...advancedSearch

Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: How to realise a company is really registered in OZ?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Australian Business Register (ABR)

The ABR is the central collection, storage and verification system for basic business identity information from all entities with an ABN.

ABRpublic is an online database that contains the publicly available information provided by businesses when they register for an ABN.

Have a look at http://abr.business.gov.au/(ukre1l55...advancedSearch
Thanks for that, it was just what I was lookin for ...

And... is there a website/database which explain the field of activity of these companies?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:41 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Live
Thanks for that, it was just what I was lookin for ...

And... is there a website/database which explain the field of activity of these companies?
Not that I am aware of, but I am always up for looking for things....

Let me know the company, and I will see what I can dig up.....

Old Apr 12th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Your Signature: A Negative attitude guarantees that you will find negatives in almost everything - A Positive attitude gives a much better chance of a happy life
There have been some scientific papers recently on this subject, three I think. Hypothesis is that we evolved with a greater ability to remember negatives things because these have helped us to survive, it is more important to remember the dangers than the pleasant things that don't need any looking after. Another paper found that we can remember angry faces easier than pleasant ones. Must admit I prefer your attitude though.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 11:19 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
There have been some scientific papers recently on this subject, three I think. Hypothesis is that we evolved with a greater ability to remember negatives things because these have helped us to survive, it is more important to remember the dangers than the pleasant things that don't need any looking after. Another paper found that we can remember angry faces easier than pleasant ones. Must admit I prefer your attitude though.
I have the advantage in that I have lived through both attitudes...

I now know the benefits of going with the right one...

Old Apr 12th 2009, 11:34 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a link for Consumer Affairs Victoria.It has business searchhttps://online.justice.vic.gov.au/ca...ia?mode=bnextr
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you ABCDiamond and ukecadet...

Nevermind, I found the filed of activity of that company myself...

Cheers,