Reload this Page >

how to pay for a police check from the UK

how to pay for a police check from the UK

Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

bumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to pay for a police check from the UK

i hope someone can help
we need to get a police check ASAP as we have lodged the application thinking we didn't need one as didn't ever spend more than 12 months at a time...big mistake 367 days overall, in over 7 years!
anyway without contacting someone in aus to write a check (taking forever) how can we pay for a police check when we are in london. we went to the bank and post office and couldn't get an australian money order!!! does anyone know?????
please help
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: how to pay for a police check from the UK

Originally Posted by bumble
i hope someone can help
we need to get a police check ASAP as we have lodged the application thinking we didn't need one as didn't ever spend more than 12 months at a time...big mistake 367 days overall, in over 7 years!
anyway without contacting someone in aus to write a check (taking forever) how can we pay for a police check when we are in london. we went to the bank and post office and couldn't get an australian money order!!! does anyone know?????
please help
sorry I'm confused, you need a police check from aus or the UK? I was under the impression that for a UK>Aus 136 visa, you just need a police check from your local force?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nursenancy
sorry I'm confused, you need a police check from aus or the UK? I was under the impression that for a UK>Aus 136 visa, you just need a police check from your local force?

sorry in teh uk (english) need to get an australian police check but don't have an australian cheque book here and am searching for a way to buy a money order in aus$ or another way that they might accept teh £36 payment???
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about

sorry in teh uk (english) need to get an australian police check but don't have an australian cheque book here and am searching for a way to buy a money order in aus$ or another way that they might accept teh £36 payment???
ah right I'm with you. We got a cheque drawn up in aus dollars at our bank, they charged £6 to do it tho!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nursenancy
ah right I'm with you. We got a cheque drawn up in aus dollars at our bank, they charged £6 to do it tho!
thanks...i went there today and natwest said they didn't do it....VERY frustrating! i will call their help line now and see if i can get it done...cheers
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:08 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

thanks...i went there today and natwest said they didn't do it....VERY frustrating! i will call their help line now and see if i can get it done...cheers

you just need to get an international money order, even the idiots at barclays do them so I'd be surprised if natwest don't. I go into a branch, when I rang the barclays call centre they were clueless
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:11 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

If you go to Thomas Cook travel agents, they can get you an Australian Cheque to be drawn on the Commonwealth Bank of Australia for a small fee.

neil