Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Katmac has a spectacular aura aboutKatmac has a spectacular aura aboutKatmac has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

I will be 38 Beauty Therapy Lecturer and OH 36 Carpenter. No jobs coming out in Sept 08 with two children 13 and 9. Hopefully heading for Butler in Perth.
Love the idea of working for TAFE????

Katrina xx
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future
Default Re: how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

believe or not, i arriving on 27JAN08, perth.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:37 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

If everything works out we will be moving in 2008, my
husband is 41, I'm 38 and our son is 6.

Good luck finding a job etc. when you get to Perth
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:34 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all and a Happy New Year to you all in a few hours over in Oz and tomorrow over here.

Reading on here some people are going over later than 45 years of age - i am now 40 and have been panicking that we have to get everything done and sorted by the time we are 43ish at the latest to be able to go over there - is this not the case or are people allowed over later under special circumstances - sorry if its a stupid question but i seem to have done loads of research (or so i thought) and everything points as 45 being the cut off age so hubby is now ribbing me saying im not looking in the right places for information - cheeky man .

Thanks again
Love Sam xxx
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sam, you're correct 45 is the cut off point for skilled migration. There are other (difficult) routes that can be taken after this that involve being sponsored by an employer - however, this option does not offer permanent residency - so best get it all tied up before he's 45!!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:22 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hi sam, you're correct 45 is the cut off point for skilled migration. There are other (difficult) routes that can be taken after this that involve being sponsored by an employer - however, this option does not offer permanent residency - so best get it all tied up before he's 45!!

Hi Sam
Thanks for that - i thought that was right. Well we are going to get things sorted for then so hopefully we may see you over there in a few years - HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.
Take care
Love Sam xxx
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Hi PR can be applied for on a 457 over the age of 45. Its not guaranteed but the hospital that are sponsoring me will sponsor me for PR if its what we both want at the end of a certain period. Its risky but i have friends who have gone down the same route who had no problems. I had no option as im over 45, but if there are safer routes its best to take them im sure

Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:32 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
Hi PR can be applied for on a 457 over the age of 45. Its not guaranteed but the hospital that are sponsoring me will sponsor me for PR if its what we both want at the end of a certain period. Its risky but i have friends who have gone down the same route who had no problems. I had no option as im over 45, but if there are safer routes its best to take them im sure

Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR
Hi Nicola
Thanks for your reply - yeh i think i will be dragging my scissors out of retirement in the very near future - good luck with your PR i hope all goes well for you and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you.
Love Sam xxx
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:52 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I was 28 when we arrived. I'm a high school math teacher but I haven't looked for work yet because I'm still at home with the kids. When we arrived we didn't know a single person and hadn't even booked a hotel room!

My husband was 27 and he's a mining engineer. He had two jobs to choose from about 2 weeks after we arrived, the interview process took forever.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

I am soo glad this thread was started!! We keep thinking that we must be too old (or daft) for all this but after reading previous posts, its great to know that others about our age are doing the same mad thing.
I am a civil servant (doesn't count for much, i know) but do have a degree in accountancy which I am hoping will help me get some sort of office job, but like others have said, I am willing to do almost anything to get the cash coming in to pay bills.
Husband is a bricklayer so he should be able to get a start but we know that it will be for less money.

Anyway, we are going to give it our best shot and see what happens! Roll on June 2008!

Good luck to each and everyone of you and a very Happy New Year,

Cheers
Jo
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:01 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

We will be both 28, hubs will have a job (sponsored visa) i will be a full time mum to our then 4 year old and 2 year old

(thats if all comes off as planned.....fingers crossed)
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:02 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joeyb
I am soo glad this thread was started!! We keep thinking that we must be too old (or daft) for all this but after reading previous posts, its great to know that others about our age are doing the same mad thing.
I am a civil servant (doesn't count for much, i know) but do have a degree in accountancy which I am hoping will help me get some sort of office job, but like others have said, I am willing to do almost anything to get the cash coming in to pay bills.
Husband is a bricklayer so he should be able to get a start but we know that it will be for less money.

Anyway, we are going to give it our best shot and see what happens! Roll on June 2008!

Good luck to each and everyone of you and a very Happy New Year,

Cheers
Jo
Not daft at all.....loads of 'oldies' here, or better said, mature young one's
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tum
Think I am going a bit loopy in the head as I forgot to put our ages on.
I am 38 and my husband is 40.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:25 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by joeyb
Think I am going a bit loopy in the head as I forgot to put our ages on.
I am 38 and my husband is 40.
Aaahhh, 1969....a good year.....
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tum
Well said,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.