Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:29 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default Re: how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Originally Posted by Possums
OH was nearly 46 walked straight into work, surely it depends on your skills? cut of age for a skilled visa is 45.
I presume from your text speak that you are not that old?? of course I may presume wrong.
Cookemonster is Chinese i believe possums!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

the harrys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hub will be 37,sponsored 457 (Nurse), I'll be 35 (Nurse, no job to go to, thinking about agency/casual) kids will be 10, 8, 4 & 2. all assuming we can get there for Aug 08. OH seems to think there's no hurry getting meds, etc sorted. Its the west indian in him, just chill! I'd rather get things moving as I know from reading posts here that there's a lot of waiting to do once docs r in x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
Hi
how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs? Will be easily for you find job when u are getting older and older?
30 and 31, no jobs....way hey

enough money to keep us going for a while though if we can't find a job.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:55 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm 31, Maintenance Fitter, wife is 25, Hairdresser / Hairdressing Teacher. No jobs to come to and only a holiday let for 3 weeks when we land.

Also coming with an energetic 1 yr old (please god let him sleep on the plane!).

Coming with zero expectations and a totally open mind!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:14 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

That a boy Dave best way to do it.

Good luck....
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dave7370
I'm 31, Maintenance Fitter, wife is 25, Hairdresser / Hairdressing Teacher. No jobs to come to and only a holiday let for 3 weeks when we land.

Also coming with an energetic 1 yr old (please god let him sleep on the plane!).

Coming with zero expectations and a totally open mind!
Yr wife will get snapped up soon as u land u only look at some of the threads all the ladies screaming for a decent hairdresser im ok bald as the proverbial

Malc
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
From the research that i've done it seems you have to be in Oz to get a job, to work as a hairdresser i need to get my licence 1st.. but as i said i'll take anything until something better comes along. As far as surviving...well i've sold my Salon here in the UK, we're renting out the house, so probably got enough to rent and furnish up a home in Oz and buy a cheap car but i don't know til i get there the true cost and how long we can afford to be out of work.
Australia need skilled people and we're skilled!!
What about you?
Whereabouts in Plymouth are you from? I was born in St Budeaux and have lived Cattedown, Milehouse, Plympton, The Hoe, Peverell and lastly Woolwell. Been here 14 yrs but moving back in April for a couple of years. Will be back on business in January for three weeks if you'd like to meet up for a chat about things in Oz.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sdunx
Whereabouts in Plymouth are you from? I was born in St Budeaux and have lived Cattedown, Milehouse, Plympton, The Hoe, Peverell and lastly Woolwell. Been here 14 yrs but moving back in April for a couple of years. Will be back on business in January for three weeks if you'd like to meet up for a chat about things in Oz.
Hi
we live in St.Judes, i'm from Cattedown, hubby Mount Gould, my Hairdressing Salon was on the Hoe but i only owned it for the last 9 years.
What date are you back? We fly out on the 24th Jan.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
Hi
we live in St.Judes, i'm from Cattedown, hubby Mount Gould, my Hairdressing Salon was on the Hoe but i only owned it for the last 9 years.
What date are you back? We fly out on the 24th Jan.
I arrive on 14th Jan and will be in Plymouth Friday 18th (from about 3pm), 19th and 20th. Will be staying with my mum in Crownhill. I'll be going to Argyle on saturday afternoon but we could meet up in the morning perhaps? I'll PM you my UK mobile and details so you can text me so I've got ur details.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:42 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold

We're both 48, (life in the awld dogs yet!!)
Been here on Sunshine coast 8 weeks now...

Im a PA & got two job offers in first week of job hunting, I was made employment offers for both within an hour of each interview (I start on 3rd Jan!) ...Still waiting for the agencies I visited to get their a***s into gear!!! OH is carpenter - heaps of work for him. Reee-sult! Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2007, 4:15 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

We are 37 and 30. I am HR Manager, OH IT Engineer. We both found work for a comparitive wage within a week of arriving in Melbourne.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

i not old, as i book a flight on 25jan08 so hopefully i can manage to find room share accommodation, still waiting for email reply. i am sorry for numerous of posts and trouble caused.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

sorry if i caused too much problem because i a gal, am going alone as i never staying alone for rest of my life and i am really don't wish my pr visa lapse so today i have book a air ticket. i am a chinese Not china.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:28 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
i not old, as i book a flight on 25jan08 so hopefully i can manage to find room share accommodation, still waiting for email reply. i am sorry for numerous of posts and trouble caused.
how old? what part of Singapore?

Your not an SPG?

When will you be in Melbourne?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice

Me 44 -wifey 45. Arrived with no job offer and no where to stay. Me Chef/College Lecturer, wife dossier! lol (she will kill me) Stayed in a motel.on arrival down under. Got a v.good job within 4 days - wife took a little longer (4 weeks)! Had 2 jobs since, each gradually climbing the ladder. Now teaching at TAFE on 70,000 plus. 17% super and 10 weeks paid hols! All this in 6 months! Just moving into our own designed built house - 5 beds 3 bathrooms on 1/2 acre! Awesome. Just work hard and show them commitment! Skies the limit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.