Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much is your haircut?

How much is your haircut?

Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:18 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much is your haircut?

$70 for treatment, cut, blow dry and straightening (plus complimentary head and shoulder massage!!!!) city centre salon, brisbane. Worth every cent!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

$140 for a cut, condition and highlights by Renato Mendoza, my lovely camp Brazilian hairdresser in Sydney.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by webgum
I've just paid $70 for cut and blowdry at Emm in Cottesloe (an Aveda salon). As recommended by others on this website!! Very nice it was too with head and shoulder massage at start, massage chair etc etc and good coffee.

Its fab isn't it!! It was recommended in Harpers Bazaar this month

Originally Posted by honeybob
Now all we need is a French Connection and Monsoon, and Gap, and Jigsaw, and Office!

and Jigsaw has shop in Perth city centre, Hay Street ......2 down, 3 to go!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:09 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by webgum
I've just paid $70 for cut and blowdry at Emm in Cottesloe (an Aveda salon). As recommended by others on this website!! Very nice it was too with head and shoulder massage at start, massage chair etc etc and good coffee.
FAB isn't it, no need to thank me Spent hours trawling the web to find it, as I had used a similar salon in the UK, think I deserve a commission.

Now this Desperate House Fly needs to get back to doing the housework LOL

Bree
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

$50 for a trim and $250 if I also want highlights.

This is a small salon in the suburbs and it does'nt matter how much I pay I always come out looking like a lesbian
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:03 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned by someone else - Just Cuts, a low cost no frills (wash hair before I turn up and no blow dry) $20 in the burbs.

Colour out of a box, $20. Highlights by hubby (non hairdresser).

I keep a stright simple cut so do not need anything fancy but if I went for a layered or more detailed cut I would possibly go elsewhere. They seldom have the same people in the salon for more than 6 mths and if they are very good they usually leave sooner.

Same $20 for my daughter, Son can spend up to $50 when he needs more than a trim and hubby gets a barbar job for around $14. We also have clippers at home for hubbys hair.

I find hair product expensive and usually trawl priceline and the other cheap discount chemist store to get the products I need - mostly wax and gel for the kids.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:13 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Jules paid $240 for some highlights at Cranium in Manly.
I nearly fell off my chair when I found out.
Usual cost for cut is $100-150 depending on where she goes.
For me it's $25 with tip! Provide your own bowl though.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:23 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

$15 for a cut and dry in my lunch break at Maddington Metro

About $30 for wash, cut and dry at a salon in Mt Hawthorn.

About $15 (on special) for hair colour from Target when I feel like it.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

$87 for cut and blow dry from place in lakeside, Joondalup. Looked terrible though.
$145 for cut, blow dry, an all over colour and some foils from Maurice Meade in Whitfords. Really pleased with it. Will definitely go back there again.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:01 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies
FAB isn't it, no need to thank me Spent hours trawling the web to find it, as I had used a similar salon in the UK, think I deserve a commission.

Now this Desperate House Fly needs to get back to doing the housework LOL

Bree
Didn't realise the recommendation came from you ...... it was via something I read from Simone. So thanking you muchly then! Owe you one
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Hi Everyone,
just doing some homework on the world of haircuts,please help if you can..

How much are you paying for your haircut in OZ?
Is it in a city salon and what state?(not of the hair! part of OZ)
a surburban salon?
at home?
Look forward to all your replies.....
Lynn
I go to hairdressing college in centre of Melbourne, $28 for perm, cut and blow dry, $40 for full head of foils and $7 for a cut and blow!!!

Mandy
Old Jul 1st 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mandyisere
I go to hairdressing college in centre of Melbourne, $28 for perm, cut and blow dry, $40 for full head of foils and $7 for a cut and blow!!!

Mandy

wow, I went there when I was backpacking...bargain and was great cut...lasted me the rest of the trip!!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:09 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

I paid $140 for a cut (new style, not just a trim), foils, blow dry and an eyebrow wax.

A little new salon called Chatreusse, Gawain Road in Bracken Ridge. Really friendly, great place, would recommend it.

Shell
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Would you all say that you pay for what you get and therefore expect to pay for the service you have done?.............
Lynn