Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much to take our dog

How much to take our dog

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

emma fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much to take our dog

hi all new to this site and just wondering if any of you british expats have taken your dog to oz with you. we are looking to move to australia permanently in the next 2-3 years and just interested how much you had to fork out to have your dog join you. Thanks all
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Default Re: How much to take our dog

All up including fees other end??? ......... Approx 2000 pounds ...... Worth it though he loves it here, a new pooch.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by emma fox
hi all new to this site and just wondering if any of you british expats have taken your dog to oz with you. we are looking to move to australia permanently in the next 2-3 years and just interested how much you had to fork out to have your dog join you. Thanks all
Hi Emma

We leave on the 5th May and the dogs leave on the 10th.
We are going to Perth and the Boys are of to Byford kennels for 30 days
It is costing us £4000.00 for them an thats with PetTravel.
I think its about £300 for their jags and boosters and i think it is working out about £500 for quarantine.Thats for both dogs.
Hope that helped

Beth
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:31 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Emma

I think its about £300 for their jags and boosters and i think it is working out about £500 for quarantine.Thats for both dogs.
Hope that helped

Beth
veryyyy expensive ours is only about 1600 with everything included.. you must have big dogs or something?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

emma fox is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies, could not bear to leave without our dog. we are not to sure of where we are going yet but it will be permanently. will be doing a months reccie in september, will be trying to see as much of oz as possible. i am a children's nurse and my partner a gas service engineer, so will be looking for related jobs in whatever state we choose to live in. thanks again
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

LouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to beholdLouiseG is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we are taking our dog (Staffy) and Golden Arrow quoted £1,925 for flight etc. plus £320 payable in Aus.

GA don't have a website but they have a v good reputation.

Good Luck!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
veryyyy expensive ours is only about 1600 with everything included.. you must have big dogs or something?

They are 2 BIG border collies.
When i told the lady she could not believe it.
She was the cheapest out of all the other companies.
Had to take them to Dunfermline to get them measured by her.
She could not believe the size of them.
Their weight is 37kilo each.
Vet says thats the correct weight for the size of them.
They are like skinny runts when they come out the water.

Beth
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

ScottyTee who did you use what type of dog we are taking westie with us
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 9:08 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leew1019
ScottyTee who did you use what type of dog we are taking westie with us
hey emmm Ill find out the name for you in a few mins but the dog we are bringing is a miniture yorkshire terrier tiny dog
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseG
Hi there, we are taking our dog (Staffy) and Golden Arrow quoted £1,925 for flight etc. plus £320 payable in Aus.

GA don't have a website but they have a v good reputation.

Good Luck!
We are using them for our cat after they were reccommended by a friend who used them to ship both her cats.

The number is 01588 680240 ask for Chris Sorenson, he'll talk the hind leg off a donkey but put you at ease.

Ali
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hey emmm Ill find out the name for you in a few mins but the dog we are bringing is a miniture yorkshire terrier tiny dog
Its tiny
Thats why you quote was so cheap.

Other half want to give ours concrete paws and throw them into the canal.
Its the other way around he with be in the canal.

Beth
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

2 springer spaniels, edinburgh to sydney (via heathrow) just over £3000 inc vets (+ 1 lepto retest).

my vet didn't charge for the time it took him to do all the paperwork - have heard of one case of a vet who did! (somewhere near dover i think it was!)
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: How much to take our dog

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Emma

Hope that helped

Beth
Hi,
I've been reading this thread to find out the cost of taking the dog to oz with us but could you clarify the situation with the lepto jab that I keep reading about.Do they need more boosters etc.even if they're up to date with the yearly booster we have here? Our mutt is due his booster in May so if we were to want to travel in the next year,would this cause any probs as he has to include lepto here in the UK?
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

I was advised by my vet that because it was more than six months before my dogs would be travelling, that i should have them done with lepto.... in saying that one of my dogs failed her first test (but passed the 2nd and travelled as planned)

you can get information on the tests that will need done from www.aqis.gov.au they have all the infor about importing dogs/cats.

i printed it off and took it to my vets when i knew i was moving over
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: How much to take our dog

Originally Posted by YoSemite
I was advised by my vet that because it was more than six months before my dogs would be travelling, that i should have them done with lepto.... in saying that one of my dogs failed her first test (but passed the 2nd and travelled as planned)

you can get information on the tests that will need done from www.aqis.gov.au they have all the infor about importing dogs/cats.

i printed it off and took it to my vets when i knew i was moving over
Thanks v.much,one less thing to think about just now!! We,re only really at the thinking of re-locating part but I didn't want to make a cock-up right at the beginning!!