Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much savings to take?

how much savings to take?

Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Default how much savings to take?

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are coming to Perth on a WHV to start with and if we like it etx we are looking to settle. Can I ask if anyone has done it this way and how much savings would be a good amount to take over with us while on the WHV?

Cheers,

Jennifer
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much savings to take?

I went over on a working holiday visa back in 1999. Only for the working holiday though. I was there for a year after arriving with about £400. I worked for about 6-7 months and managed to save enough money to buy a car and travel around Oz a bit.
Good luck
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:22 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I went over on a working holiday visa back in 1999. Only for the working holiday though. I was there for a year after arriving with about £400. I worked for about 6-7 months and managed to save enough money to buy a car and travel around Oz a bit.
Good luck
I took around £1000 in 92, worked for 9 months of the 12 as well.

How much are you thinking of taking, and are you planning on working at all?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

Hello,

Yes, we are planning to get work straight away and will have saved a few thousand each?

Cheers,

Jen
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Were taking 40000 hopefully it will keep us going for but once were there

Last edited by Fenton; Jun 18th 2007 at 7:30 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:40 pm
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road

Ha! I'm going over with about £3500. How much or how little you take depends on what you are aiming to do once there - will you be working straight away/renting straight away/will you need a car etc.