Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much to post xmas cards to uk??? :)

How much to post xmas cards to uk??? :)

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice
Default How much to post xmas cards to uk??? :)

Hi all, sorry looked on auspost but cant find the info, i have stamps but not sure how much it costs to send xmas cards to the uk,

Thanks Peeps

Last edited by macy1; Dec 3rd 2009 at 12:48 am. Reason: found the info
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice
Default Re: How much to post xmas cards to uk??? :)

Originally Posted by macy1 View Post
Hi all, sorry looked on auspost but cant find the info, i have stamps but not sure how much it costs to send xmas cards to the uk,

Thanks Peeps
Dont worry i found out its $1.40 thanks anyway
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Wow, that's gone up - think I'll be sending e-mails instead. This is only my third Christmas here and it was $1.10 to send cards my first one.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

I no longer send cards i just put a Xmas greeting in the local paper cost 15 pound works out a lot cheaper than sending all those cards.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like $1.25 to me.

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...7EMO19,00.html

Airmail (International)
Only during November and December, seasonal greeting cards up to 20g, enclosed in a sealed small letter size envelope, and endorsed CARD ONLY $1.25
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

How long should it take for cards to reach the UK/ Have I left it too late for them to get there by Christmas?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Posted some today and yesterday, $1.25
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:14 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Got mine sent for $1.20 cost a fortune as i sent 28, 3 big envelopes (calendar sized) cost $25, had more than calendars in so did well really.
I'm dreading sending the grandparents gifts - kids made up scrapbooks/portfolio folders up of our time here, drew pics, photos and wrote letters - nice but boy its gonna cost!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:21 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
How long should it take for cards to reach the UK/ Have I left it too late for them to get there by Christmas?
We now use Moonpig for all our UK cards. You set up an account online and add funds, very easy to do. Then select card type (birthday/wedding/death!!!) then make it personal by adding your own text and pics!! Superb way of sending pics of you enjoying glorious sunshine and beaches to your hardy rfelatives in the UK!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
Should only take a couple of days. I normally send them about 19/20th and they've always got there before christmas (depending on when the weekend falls of course).
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by overthemoon View Post
I no longer send cards i just put a Xmas greeting in the local paper cost 15 pound works out a lot cheaper than sending all those cards.
Ooo that's abit posh innit!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and don't forget that there could well be a postal strike in Aus in the next week or so.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:36 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Oh and don't forget that there could well be a postal strike in Aus in the next week or so.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642999
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:21 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paddyo View Post
We now use Moonpig for all our UK cards. You set up an account online and add funds, very easy to do. Then select card type (birthday/wedding/death!!!) then make it personal by adding your own text and pics!! Superb way of sending pics of you enjoying glorious sunshine and beaches to your hardy rfelatives in the UK!!!
I have found Moonpig too and would highly recommend it. I even use it for cards I send in Australia and to NZ. As the UK address ones are printed and posted in the UK, it is delivered with a UK stamp. I always put 'sent with love from Australia' on the personalised front part of the envelope. I also have birthdays set up in the Moonpig calender and they email me reminders at a set time before. I don't forget birthdays or English Mothers Day's/Fathers Day's anymore. Have earnt quite a few brownie points this year!
http://www.moonpig.com.au/default.aspx

Last edited by Spellbound; Dec 3rd 2009 at 12:22 pm. Reason: Hyper link not working (something I did)
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
I have found Moonpig too and would highly recommend it. I even use it for cards I send in Australia and to NZ. As the UK address ones are printed and posted in the UK, it is delivered with a UK stamp. I always put 'sent with love from Australia' on the personalised front part of the envelope. I also have birthdays set up in the Moonpig calender and they email me reminders at a set time before. I don't forget birthdays or English Mothers Day's/Fathers Day's anymore. Have earnt quite a few brownie points this year!
http://www.moonpig.com.au/default.aspx

also use Moonpig have done for few years now and always had great feedback from those i send to...is great to be able to personalise them with names and pictures highly recomend them.

For email cards I also use Jacquie Lawson site nicely animated cards from there