Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much money will i need

how much money will i need

Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:49 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much money will i need

just accepted offer on house but its way below what we wanted.........

So I have £45k ($115k) and 3 children

I intend renting a 4bed for a couple of years in Gold Coast area, so after buying car and furnishing new home how much do you think I could bank for a rainy day. Does anyone have a opinion on how much is enough to get a good head start.

I have a job to start 2 weeks after arrival at around $30/35 per hour so I will have a steady income.

Last edited by dinner-dash; Oct 8th 2008 at 6:31 pm. Reason: key board had jitters
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default Re: how much money will i need

Don't know your age but based on what I have seen on this site you may well be struggling or at least have a large / very long term morgage. Family of 5 will prob mean a big car and almost a third of you savings!
Best of luck
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:53 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
just accepted offer on house but its way below what we wanted.........

So I have £45k ($115k) and 3 children

I intend renting a 4bed for a couple of years in Gold Coast area, so after buying car and furnishing new home how much do you think I could bank for a rainy day. Does anyone have a opinion on how much is enough to get a good head start.

I have a job to start 2 weeks after arrival at around $30/35 per hour so I will have a steady income.
i think if your a realist then you`ll do ok
a lot of people arrive with a hell of a lot less and have done ok
to turn it on its head if you had £45k in the bank and a job paying approx 17 pounds an hr would you survive? i think so, and as aus has more or less the same costs as the uk ( yes some things are cheaper in each counrty but i think they pretty much cancel each other out ) you`ll be ok you might not get the huge 4x4 and acreage near the beach but thats where the realist bit comes in

regards steve
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:54 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you.