Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much money did you move with (or plan to move with if you haven't already)

View Poll Results: On arrival in Aus, how much money DID you or WILL you have?
Cab fare
5.06%
Less than AUD 25K
17.72%
AUD 25K - 50K
12.03%
AUD 50 - 100K
7.59%
AUD 100 - 250K
19.62%
AUD 250 - 500K
13.92%
AUD 500 - 750K
10.76%
AUD 750K - 1 mill
3.80%
AUD 1 mill - 1.5mill
4.43%
More than AUD 1.5mill
5.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

How much money did you move with (or plan to move with if you haven't already)

Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: How much money did you move with (or plan to move with if you haven't already)

Originally Posted by TMRE
But doesn't it comfort you to know that some people have $400k to bring over
I presume this was directed towards me? I was simply answering a question. I don't expect my answer to provide "comfort" to anyone or indeed anything else.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much money did you move with (or plan to move with if you haven't already)

Actually $400k is not what I'd call rich. Those bringing in over $1million are rich. $400k won't get you much these days if you have to live in the North Shore area. I can't believe how much they want for their houses, some of which seem to be made of tin and cardboard!!!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Actually $400k is not what I'd call rich. Those bringing in over $1million are rich. $400k won't get you much these days if you have to live in the North Shore area. I can't believe how much they want for their houses, some of which seem to be made of tin and cardboard!!!
SO WHEN YOU SAY A MILLION DO YOU MEAN AUD $ OR UK £ bECAUSE IF UK £ I SUPPOSE I WOULD HAVE $800,000 AUD IS THAT A LOT ? CERTAINLY NOT A MILLION.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:42 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eugene43
SO WHEN YOU SAY A MILLION DO YOU MEAN AUD $ OR UK £ bECAUSE IF UK £ I SUPPOSE I WOULD HAVE $800,000 AUD IS THAT A LOT ? CERTAINLY NOT A MILLION.
Whats with the small "b" on because?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Whats with the small "b" on because?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cookiestar
I presume this was directed towards me? I was simply answering a question. I don't expect my answer to provide "comfort" to anyone or indeed anything else.
No it wasn't directed towards you. Couldn't really care less how much you came with.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

]typical pom thread "keeping up with the jones"
Old Dec 7th 2008, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I have dollar signs in front of the amounts on my post!- I would love to have $800k, then I'd be able to afford to live where I am currently renting, though I'd still have a mortgage bigger than I had in the UK.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch
]typical pom thread "keeping up with the jones"
NO YOUR WRONG JUST NO IDEA WHAT A LOT OF MONEY IS IN OZ ? THATS THE REASON I ASKED ANYWAY DONT KNOW ANY JONES DO THEY LIVE IN UK & OZ THEY MUST HAVE THE ANSWER DO YOU KNOW THEM WELL ?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

NO YOUR WRONG JUST NO IDEA WHAT A LOT OF MONEY IS IN OZ ? THATS THE REASON I ASKED ANYWAY DONT KNOW ANY JONES DO THEY LIVE IN UK & OZ THEY MUST HAVE THE ANSWER DO YOU KNOW THEM WELL ?
CAPS LOCK stuck on? Posting like this is generally considered to mean your shouting. Also makes it hard to read.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

This question been asked before, if the OP is that interested in how much people bring over then do a search, to be honest i dont care less what any one else brought over as it doesnt affect me or my family, u can do it on any amount large or small if you want something enough
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMRE
CAPS LOCK stuck on? Posting like this is generally considered to mean your shouting. Also makes it hard to read.
sorry is that better
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't really understand why you're asking What one person brings over is totally irrelevant to someone else. Some people are extremely lucky in the amount of equity they raise from a UK property, others may have been renting and have no equity. It doesn't mean that the one's with the money will have an easier time than the other. You bring what you can and make do as much as possible.

The majority of people won't put the right figure down anyway because a) it's none of anyone's business; b) they may be embarrassed as to how little they have; c) they may be embarrassed as to how much they have.

Can't work out the benefit of knowing the financial situation of total strangers but that could just be me.
This post was not meant to raise controversy, nor was it meant to be confrontational. If you do not want to vote on the poll, then don't. If this post offends you becuase you don't want to discuss money, then don't read it.
It does actually benefit some people to see that they are not alone in this journey....."if other people have done it, then so can I" kind of thinking....
If this post is not for you.....then don't open it.

Nix
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
We came with $3750, 2 toddlers, 2 large packing cases, our flight allowance baggage and me 3 months pregnant. OH had no job but was working the day after we arrived. Don't think that you could do that today.
When did you arrive?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I'm coming over with my last pay check, 2 suitcases and some boxes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.