Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much money ??

How much money ??

Old May 28th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all
Smile How much money ??

Ok can anyone help settle an argument,

We plan to sell our council house next march and use the profits to cover the move and relocation to Oz. We hope to make around £45k to take with us.
Me being positive think thats LOADS and we will be fine, my OH thinks otherwise and is worring we wont have enough.

We will need 2 cars, a 3-4 bed house, furniture ( we are not planning to take any) and what ever else you need when you press your re-start button.

Should also mention we have two kids (10 & 3) OH is a tree surgeon and been told he could earn $30-50 per hour in Perth?

This all means nothing to us at the moment as we have no concept of living and relocating expences. Some help would be fab.

Mucho thanks
Old May 28th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: How much money ??

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich

We plan to sell our council house next march and use the profits to cover the move and relocation to Oz. We hope to make around £45k to take with us.
Me being positive think thats LOADS and we will be fine, my OH thinks otherwise and is worring we wont have enough.

We will need 2 cars, a 3-4 bed house, furniture ( we are not planning to take any) and what ever else you need when you press your re-start button.

Should also mention we have two kids (10 & 3) OH is a tree surgeon and been told he could earn $30-50 per hour in Perth?

This all means nothing to us at the moment as we have no concept of living and relocating expences. Some help would be fab.

Mucho thanks
sounds pretty much the same as us,although we are taking everything with us,if you start adding up all the things you will need from sofa - plates,it would come to alot more than the £4000 shipping price
Old May 28th 2007, 9:21 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Not sure about alot as i am in same boat myself but i have worked out it will be cheaper to ship stuff over than start again over there. We will have around 40k but are hoping we can use this for a deposit on a house x .
Old May 28th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Without sounding spoilt, our stuff is pretty crap, Ikea bedroom furniture (cheap end) When I look around I see nothing I really want to take.

If we had spent alot of money on it I would reconsider but all in its probably worth about £2500. Would rather start a fresh, will be taking personal items, pictures, kitchen stuff. Think the shipping cost would be more than the value of our stuff.
Old May 28th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh ... ment to ask how what sort of house prices should we be looking at based on $30-50 per hr earning potential, + part time wage from myself.

Alot of questions eh,

Old May 28th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ... ment to ask how what sort of house prices should we be looking at based on $30-50 per hr earning potential, + part time wage from myself.

Alot of questions eh,

$30 an hr @ 40hrs a week = around $60,000 P/A
$50 an hr @ 40 hrs a week = around $100,000

Depends who you get your mortgage with? Maybe 3 times your salary, so around $300,000 top end?
Old May 28th 2007, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
$30 an hr @ 40hrs a week = around $60,000 P/A
$50 an hr @ 40 hrs a week = around $100,000

Depends who you get your mortgage with? Maybe 3 times your salary, so around $300,000 top end?

Just to add, we got $225 from the commonwealth bank with my hubby on $30 per hour. The ANZ bank would lend us $245k and the Adelaide bank $215k

$50 per hour is a good wage (well by my standards anyway )
Old May 29th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks loads everyone, it helps when people who know what the crack is put things in perspective.

I hope that there will be houses within our price range. Everything I have looked at so far is around $370k+ (4 bedroom) . Houses seem quite expencive in Perth at the moment.
Old May 29th 2007, 7:29 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

On an annual of $105k (roughly $50/hour) the net monthly take home in the 2007/08 tax year (starts July 1) would be $5733 (assuming super was 9% of the $105k).
Old May 29th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

At least you will save the stamp duty costs being first time buyers which on $400,000 is about $15,000 and you will also receive an $7000 first time buyers grant.
S xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Mucho thanks

I can see your worry - cos I had it too!!!!!

However all I can say is if you want it - go for it. If you really want to make it work, you will.

Everyone else manages.

I know many people from England who have a bucket-full of cash to take with them.

Think of it this way - people from Perth must have to start somewhere as well. So if they can afford it - so can you!!

This website does hack me off sometimes - people complaining about Perth being expensive - what were people expecting??? As far as I am concerned, it is no different from the UK. It isnt going to be a free ride. That's life.

At least the climate is better

Laura
Old May 29th 2007, 12:57 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordon&laura

However all I can say is if you want it - go for it. If you really want to make it work, you will.

Everyone else manages.

I know many people from England who have a bucket-full of cash to take with them.

Think of it this way - people from Perth must have to start somewhere as well. So if they can afford it - so can you!!

This website does hack me off sometimes - people complaining about Perth being expensive - what were people expecting??? As far as I am concerned, it is no different from the UK. It isnt going to be a free ride. That's life.

Laura
dont worry ill buy the drinks..
Old May 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aston man
dont worry ill buy the drinks..

Can I tap money off anybody????

Pretty please.......

I'll tell you what I can earn some extra cash selling the Big Issue.

laura
Old May 30th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gordon&laura

Everyone else manages.

Laura

Your right about the climate, I'm off work at the moment and it has rained everyday Trying to think of things to do with a 3yr in the rain is becoming a daily challenge.

We're not expecting a free ride by any means. We both work hard in this country, and expect to do the same over in Oz. I would stay here give up work and sit my fat bum in the UK benifits system if I was looking for a free ride.

Are you still in Scotland Laura or are you in Oz, I'm in Kinross
Old May 30th 2007, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Your right about the climate, I'm off work at the moment and it has rained everyday Trying to think of things to do with a 3yr in the rain is becoming a daily challenge.

We're not expecting a free ride by any means. We both work hard in this country, and expect to do the same over in Oz. I would stay here give up work and sit my fat bum in the UK benifits system if I was looking for a free ride.

Are you still in Scotland Laura or are you in Oz, I'm in Kinross

Hi Shona

Still in Scotland - but not for long - heading to Perth in just less than 5 weeks. We live in Glasgow at the mo.

Good luck - I hope all goes well.

Laura

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.