Wikiposts

How much money

Old Jan 19th 2003, 1:12 am
manish_deshmukh

Lightbulb How much money

How much money you will bring to Oz ??? This is one of the Qs' in the immigration application form.

I wrote A$ 40000. Is it less or ok?? Do this carry any importance in evaluation. Also by the time I get the provisional visa I can have some more A$. I am an electrical engineer and applying under independent skilled category.

Do any one is having any idea about this..

Manish

Old Jan 19th 2003, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone said their agent told them to write $10K, so as long as it is enough to support yourself for a while, it is ok.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 5:56 am
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

It not just the value of money you will be bringing with you ....
it the total value of Money, goods and assets

Ben
Old Jan 19th 2003, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

True, but unless you are bringing vehicles or all your furniture is very expensive antiques, the "goods" one typically brings aren't worth much, are they? I mean, I am not gonna be estimating the worth of my blankets to add there.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 6:16 am
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

Originally posted by Lana
True, but unless you are bringing vehicles or all your furniture is very expensive antiques, the "goods" one typically brings aren't worth much, are they? I mean, I am not gonna be estimating the worth of my blankets to add there.
true, most stuff isnt worth much but it soon builds up, i.e. "CD/DVD,s" These are goods and i got just under £12,000 worth, and "home cinema and audio equipment" is a little under £10,000 . it all adds up.

If its classed as goods i'm adding it to the total, that include my blankets

Ben
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

I guess you are right... but personally I am only taking china and a few other things, not even a lot of furniture and no eletroelectronics at all. So I guess my "goods" add up to $1,000 or so.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 3:12 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much money

Originally posted by manish_deshmukh
How much money you will bring to Oz ??? This is one of the Qs' in the immigration application form.

I wrote A$ 40000. Is it less or ok?? Do this carry any importance in evaluation. Also by the time I get the provisional visa I can have some more A$. I am an electrical engineer and applying under independent skilled category.

Do any one is having any idea about this..

Manish
Well thats blown my rich Poms talk right out of the window , thats a pretty low figure to come over with you will soon get rid of that .
Hope you find a job quick and it pays well , you will get no welfare help for 2 years and to get a mortgage you will need most of that 40k if you do not want to be saddled with extra costs.