Reload this Page >

How Much Luggage??

Wikiposts

How Much Luggage??

Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:36 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Much Luggage??

Hiya,

How many suitcases/bags did you all take over?

We seem to have at least 5 and I think I need a sixth - is this a bit excessive or the norm. Got the double baggage allowance sorted - just wondering how the hell we are going to push it all and 2 kids :scared:

Hope you are all doing well - not getting much of a chance to log on these days and working out like a freak at the gym 6 nights a week so I can wear my bikini so apologies if I haven't replied to any messages very quickly. If anyone can reccommend a good gym in Perth or a club we can join as a family I would appreciate it.

Cheers all.

Love Max x
Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:39 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: How Much Luggage??

Originally Posted by maxpaxx
Hiya,

We seem to have at least 5 and I think I need a sixth - is this a bit excessive or the norm. Got the double baggage allowance sorted - just wondering how the hell we are going to push it all and 2 kids :scared:

Hope you are all doing well - not getting much of a chance to log on these days and working out like a freak at the gym 6 nights a week so I can wear my bikini so apologies if I haven't replied to any messages very quickly. If anyone can reccommend a good gym in Perth or a club we can join as a family I would appreciate it.

Cheers all.

Love Max x
Hi Max,

Jill and Little un had 3 each plus hand luggage and I had two but we were going business class and had an additional 20kg plus the migration amount. It only just fitted in the car !!

Warren

Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Cheers all.

Love Max x
Hi Max

That's a good point about the baggage. The 4 of us have 40 kilos each but how many pieces of luggage can you actually put on board?

On the gym front there are plenty of recreation centres.

If you're south of the river there is a brand new private gym in Bibra Lake, sure it's children friendly, and has spinning classes!! I'm sure they have a web site, check it out, if you're not in training that is

Walla
Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Cheers all.

Love Max x
Hi Max

we took our full quota for 3 (40kg each), four suitcases, two backpacks and two holdalls!!! managed it all on two trolleys, holdalls full of Olivers toys and a rather large tigger, a leaving present, thanks

Watch out if having a stopover as the scales were either different at Heathrow or the lady was just very nice there and let our stuff go as in Singapore, she said was over, told her same stuff and no excess in Heathrow, stood my ground til she let it go through without charges. explained that if was no stopover it would have gne through no problems on transfer (make sure you have something in writing from the airline to hand)

Hope all goes well and hope to see you soon

Teresa x
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walla1
Hi Max

That's a good point about the baggage. The 4 of us have 40 kilos each but how many pieces of luggage can you actually put on board?

On the gym front there are plenty of recreation centres.

If you're south of the river there is a brand new private gym in Bibra Lake, sure it's children friendly, and has spinning classes!! I'm sure they have a web site, check it out, if you're not in training that is

Walla
You can take as many peices of luggage as you want, its the whole weight they are interesred in
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

ChrisW75 is an unknown quantity at this point

The only true answer to that question is "Check with your airline". Alot of the airlines are different and it also depends on the route. We had 30Kg each (30Kg was pretty much everything I owned clothing-wise), and that was our limit flying here with United Airlines I think, via the US. Call your airline and ask them as they're the only ones who can give you a definitive answer.

Send everything else by cargo ship, it takes about 3 months. If you're arriving early summer, then ship the winter clothes and just carry your summer stuff, can save you alot of cash.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisW75
The only true answer to that question is "Check with your airline". Alot of the airlines are different and it also depends on the route. We had 30Kg each (30Kg was pretty much everything I owned clothing-wise), and that was our limit flying here with United Airlines I think, via the US. Call your airline and ask them as they're the only ones who can give you a definitive answer.

Send everything else by cargo ship, it takes about 3 months. If you're arriving early summer, then ship the winter clothes and just carry your summer stuff, can save you alot of cash.
Hi Chris,

We had a 40ft container which hopefully left Tilbury on Sunday! but we are spending 8 weeks at my mums so thats a lot of clothes and kids stuff - all the winter clothes have gone - well some of them - but we do have a lot - it's the kids stuff really. Got the double baggage allowance but was just wondering if we have more stuff than anyone else and that I am not very organised really!!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Max,

Jill and Little un had 3 each plus hand luggage and I had two but we were going business class and had an additional 20kg plus the migration amount. It only just fitted in the car !!

Warren
Well that makes me feel a bit better!

I have ordered a taxi for the airport one of those mercede van things. Have banned goodbyes from Heathrow as couldn't cope with it much to my Mums dismay. The taxi is £100 though but it's a fair way from here so not a bad price.

Hope you are doing OK.

Max
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Swifts
Hi Max

we took our full quota for 3 (40kg each), four suitcases, two backpacks and two holdalls!!! managed it all on two trolleys, holdalls full of Olivers toys and a rather large tigger, a leaving present, thanks

Watch out if having a stopover as the scales were either different at Heathrow or the lady was just very nice there and let our stuff go as in Singapore, she said was over, told her same stuff and no excess in Heathrow, stood my ground til she let it go through without charges. explained that if was no stopover it would have gne through no problems on transfer (make sure you have something in writing from the airline to hand)

Hope all goes well and hope to see you soon

Teresa x
Hi Teresa,

Can't believe someone gave you that Tigger! I am dredding the whole present front as it's my eldests birthday in a couple of weeks too and she already has a pile of stuff mounting up!

Did anyone buy presents for close friends/relatives to say goodbye?

I must get my Mum something as we are staying here for a few weeks.

Max x
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

ChrisW75 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't imagine doing all that with kids. For me and my girlfriend we had 6 'tea chests' and 6 book boxes, plus a 30KG suitcase each. That was basically everything I owned. My girlfriend is aussie and was returning home so she didn't really have much, I think she took maybe 2 of those boxes and one of the suit cases. I got pretty ruthless with clearing stuff out before I came over, some of which I regret now, like all my tools etc which are just as expensive over here. I just gave them away before I left.

One recommendation I have for you, is to buy one of those 4 plug power strips, and change the plug on it when you get over here. You'll be surprised the number of things you can't change the plug on, like anything rechargable has a transformer plug, stuff like that. Saves rummaging around for an adaptor.

Good luck with the move, it's the best one you'll make.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Having the 40Kg allowance is great but remember that a suitcase can not weigh any more than 32Kg because of Health & safety issues when the cases are handled by Airport staff - APPARENTLY
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

Cheers all.

Love Max x
Hi Max
How did you go about getting double baggage allowance?
I've been told can only have 20k
little miss c