how much longer

Old May 1st 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default how much longer

this is my first post so please bare with me. lokking at a post the other day i noticed someone say about the old visa system taking a long time compared with the new system. I submited my main application april 2004 and we were asked to have our medicals done in march this year. we had them done 14th april. how much longer.
Old May 1st 2005, 10:47 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: how much longer

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
this is my first post so please bare with me. lokking at a post the other day i noticed someone say about the old visa system taking a long time compared with the new system. I submited my main application april 2004 and we were asked to have our medicals done in march this year. we had them done 14th april. how much longer.
Cant help you with this one but you might do better to post this on the Immigration forum. It may be worth saying what type of visa you are applying under to, this way you may stand a better chance of someone being able to help you.

R.
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: how much longer

Hi
Just to give you an idea, our skilled ind (136) application went in March2004, meds and everything else sent 12 March 05, visa granted 19 April 05 (just under 6 weeks after meds sent).

Yours shouldn't be too much longer now. Good luck and I hope you hear soon.

Tracy
(Sending Karma to help with the wait)
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:55 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Our medicals were received by DIMIA 9 weeks a go and still nothing
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fraser
Our medicals were received by DIMIA 9 weeks a go and still nothing
Hi Fraser

The wait must be killing you. It's got to be any day now (don't you just hate bank holidays!).

Hope you hear something this week, will keep fingers crossed for you.

Good luck

Tracy
K on its way
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:24 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracyd
Hi Fraser

The wait must be killing you. It's got to be any day now (don't you just hate bank holidays!).

Good luck

Tracy
K on its way

Thanks Tracy it was bloody bank holiday in Oz last week, and dare i say it there's one in Adelaide in a couple of weeks

The last time our CO e-mailed agent he didn't get it
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by tracyd
Hi Fraser

Good luck

Tracy
K on its way
Sent you a big slice of K
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

I feel for you Fraser, the waiting is hell. Mine was sent 4th April, only 4 weeks ago, but it feels like it was months ago.

Especially knotted up feeling due to them being able to say no to me for 2 different reasons;

Deeming date on my TRA 22 days out of the 10 point bonus mark,
May say no until out of RAF - but this wont be as bad.

Keep your spirits up fellow pre july-er

Mike
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by marson
I feel for you Fraser, the waiting is hell. Mine was sent 4th April, only 4 weeks ago, but it feels like it was months ago.

Especially knotted up feeling due to them being able to say no to me for 2 different reasons;

Deeming date on my TRA 22 days out of the 10 point bonus mark,
May say no until out of RAF - but this wont be as bad.

Keep your spirits up fellow pre july-er

Mike

Cheers Mike but I'mnot a pre-Julyer
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: how much longer

Originally Posted by fraser
Cheers Mike but I'mnot a pre-Julyer

EEEP ! soz, no offence intended, I take it back, you do not need to wear a bell around your neck like us, and declare "Un-Clean !"

Mike
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:17 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

hi there, I dont know about the old/new system but as far as I can see it really does depend on what visa you're applying for.We were going for a skilled visa and had our medicals 26th october last year and we got our visa confirmation letter at christmas but I have a friend applying for a family sponsorship who had his meds in aug last year and only got the letter on friday! so it is pretty difficult to tell, I'd say as hard as it is, try and forget about it and get on with your life because it really started to cause us major stress with the anticipation and waiting! anyway best of luck and try to stay relaxed about it