Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much longer?

How much longer?

Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Lunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb How much longer?

Hi everyone -

We started looking into applying to migrate Oz last summer and put our application in around September time - the first part about my job skills went off and came back as positive and gave us the go ahead to put our full application in. The payment was taken and was sent off just after Christmas - we were also asked for Police checks which were fine and have been sent off -
how long does it take before we get asked for Medicals etc?
Our agents says the next bit takes about 50 weeks - is this right?

The Lunnons
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How much longer?

Originally Posted by Lunnons
Hi everyone -

We started looking into applying to migrate Oz last summer and put our application in around September time - the first part about my job skills went off and came back as positive and gave us the go ahead to put our full application in. The payment was taken and was sent off just after Christmas - we were also asked for Police checks which were fine and have been sent off -

The Lunnons
What application are you applying under?. Generally when you get requested for Police Checks, you will also get requested for medicals at same time. Have not heard before of seperate requests coming from DIMIA. Your agent should know this, and advise. There 50 week answer is what they have to say. Once you have been requested Police checks and medicals, its about 2-3 months after, that visa's are being granted. I would question where your medical request have gone. talk with agent, but if no joy, talk with your CO now.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:49 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone -

The Lunnons
Good old agents!

Are you going through the independent skilled visa route? If so, you should be asked to go for the medical anytime now and then you will get the visa perhaps 3-4 weeks after that.

I was granted my visa 3 weeks after sending our medicals off. Although we submitted the police check and medical at the same time.

Good luck

Rob
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Lunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
What application are you applying under?. Generally when you get requested for Police Checks, you will also get requested for medicals at same time. Have not heard before of seperate requests coming from DIMIA. Your agent should know this, and advise. There 50 week answer is what they have to say. Once you have been requested Police checks and medicals, its about 2-3 months after, that visa's are being granted. I would question where your medical request have gone. talk with agent, but if no joy, talk with your CO now.

I have stumbled across this site today and have none of my paper work to hand - the visa is a sponsored skilled visa sub class 138 (i think don't hold me to that!!)
My agent asked for the Police checks perhaps jumping the gun abit?
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

I have stumbled across this site today and have none of my paper work to hand - the visa is a sponsored skilled visa sub class 138 (i think don't hold me to that!!)
My agent asked for the Police checks perhaps jumping the gun abit?
I think im getting a clearer picture. Sometimes agents will advise their clients without DIMIA asking to get their police checks done. Its because some PC take a long time to come back, and it only costs £10. I would make sure that it was the agent requesting the poloice checks not DIMIA, because DIMIA would have asked for both medicals and police checks.

I dont think it will be long now before they request them from you. This is all a patients game.Hang in there. It will come
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:02 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone -

The Lunnons
We applied for tra back in 2003 then main application in April 2004.......

We haven’t even got a case officer yet

apparently they are having trouble locating the file?
They cant see the names on them anymore for all the dust!

Good luck

patients is a virtue

my virtue went bloody months ago!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bed Of Roses
We applied for tra back in 2003 then main application in April 2004.......

We haven’t even got a case officer yet

apparently they are having trouble locating the file?
They cant see the names on them anymore for all the dust!

Good luck

patients is a virtue

my virtue went bloody months ago!
When you say you haven't got a case officer yet - how have you found this out?
Is it because you are doing the application yourself and not through an agent?