Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much for a fantastic 6 months in oz?....

How much for a fantastic 6 months in oz?....

Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

choccybicciebribe will become famous soon enough
Default How much for a fantastic 6 months in oz?....

We, that is my husband and 4 year old son are planning to spend 6 months in Australia. We plan to do it before my son starts school and when my husband can take a 6 month sabbatical.
There are so many beautiful things that we want to see and do in oz, including visiting the great barrier reef, the whitsundays, zoo's, parks, and spending time in Sydney,Perth,Brisbane, Melbourne and Cairns to see everything that they have to offer.
Most of the time we plan to stay in holiday accomodation or short lets. We may need to stay in better places when we visit the whitsunday's etc. I wanted to know if anyone has done a similar thing and what type of money they budgeted for the trip. Also if there are any BE members who offer homestay type accommodation for visiting families [have a seperate annex or share their house.]
I know there will be lots of free things to do over there such as beaches, parks etc. My husband is asking me to cost up a 6 month trip including flights from the uk, car hire and internal flights.

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who may have done this before.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:36 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How much for a fantastic 6 months in oz?....

1991 when i back-packed around oz for 12 months,eating lots,drinking more having the best time ever £10,000.

2006 trying to live a normal life here for 12 months £25,000.

You are probably looking at @£10,000,but to save money get your thumb out(Ivan Milat is safely banged up).