Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much equity?

How much equity?

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much equity?

wont have anything left by the time i go if last couple of weeks are to go by. Ill be debt free and so will my oldest son and his partner
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

StellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Me, hubby and daughter came out here with no more than £1000, and that bought us a car so atleast we could get around. We had somewhere to stay rent free when we got here s that helped us a bit but it was still bloody hard. Now, 14 months on we own our own 4 bed house on a 900 block of land and the car we bought for $1200 is still running us around!
You can come out here skint and make it happen, we're living proof of that. It doesn't really matter how much money you've got as long as you've got the strength to survive.

Marie
Inspirational, I consider myself well off now, thanks

Dave
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Three Legs
We brought £3.75 million with us from the UK.

It enabled us to buy a vegetable patch on the outskirts of Armadale in SE Perth.

LMFAO ROTFLMFAO

We thought we were the only ones taking a few mill with us, i just hope they sell porsche's and lambo's cos i think i would die without my beloved fleet of top of range motors.
BTW does anyone know if you can refuel mid air as not to sure if my learjet will get us there non-stop.

simpy (skint but still got a sense of humour... and willing to work)
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 4:28 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h1tvd
I'm just curious to find out how much equity people will be able to take with them. We sometimes feel we will be disadvantaged coming from Scotland as house prices just aren't as high as they are in many places in England(excluding Glasgow and Edinburgh). We are hoping to move to OZ with about £120k. With a good exchange rate (2.5) we will have approx $300000. We know we won't be mortgage free but we aren't mortgage free here either!. How many people are in the enviable position of moving to OZ knowing they will have little or no mortgage? How many people are moving with no savings and are just hoping for the best! :scared:
We will be going with NOWT!!!!

No seriously, we're not selling our house. We won't have any other debts, but will have NO capital either.

I am not in the slightest bit worried, in my experience, (one day i will write that book) if you can't survive in Oz, you can't survive anywhere.

Nic
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:49 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

I'm just curious to find out how much equity people will be able to take with them. We sometimes feel we will be disadvantaged coming from Scotland as house prices just aren't as high as they are in many places in England(excluding Glasgow and Edinburgh). We are hoping to move to OZ with about £120k. With a good exchange rate (2.5) we will have approx $300000. We know we won't be mortgage free but we aren't mortgage free here either!. How many people are in the enviable position of moving to OZ knowing they will have little or no mortgage? How many people are moving with no savings and are just hoping for the best! :scared:
hi, yep we're in the same boat taking about 120k which will have to be enough as it all we've got!!. would have loved to be mortgage free but we can cope with a small one and no other debts (in a sunnier climate )

tracey
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 6:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How much equity?

After the sale of our house in the UK (in which we have about 30% equity) and the sale of my investment property in Australia (in which we have about 65% equity) we will be able to put down a substantial deposit on any house in our required price range.

Consequently, we are expecting to have a mortgage of around $140,000 (£56,599) in one of Adelaide's desirable north-east suburbs, not far from the private school which we have already chosen for our future children. The net result will be a far superior property with a much higher standard of living, at a very affordable price.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 23rd 2006 at 6:36 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lollyno1
wont have anything left by the time i go if last couple of weeks are to go by. Ill be debt free and so will my oldest son and his partner
At least you'll be skint in the sunshine
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
We will be going with NOWT!!!!

No seriously, we're not selling our house. We won't have any other debts, but will have NO capital either.

I am not in the slightest bit worried, in my experience, (one day i will write that book) if you can't survive in Oz, you can't survive anywhere.

Nic
Hi Nic,

We did consider keeping our house too. The rental income would cover the mortgage and we would have something to come back to if it all went pear shaped. HOWEVER, we want the dream - the four bed house with pool. Not forgetting the jetski the OH has promised the kids!! :scared: Even with some equity the dream will only become a reality if OH can get a good job sharpish - fingers crossed.

Tracy x
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

We will be going with about $20,000 and not worried at all but then we will be staying with my sister( :scared: ) in brisbane until we find somewhere to live so thats a bonus.

Tracey & co
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We have about £100K at the moment to go but are considering re-mortgaging our Uk house to add another £100K as interest rates in the UK seem to be lower than in Aus so all things being equal we will be better off, however the place we will be working allows mortgages to be salary packaged so not sure what we will do now, maths never was my strongpoint so expecting my brain to explode when i try and calculate which option to take..

Cheers
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

callie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to behold

which state you going to? makes a big difference x
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

callie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to behold

All,

if you want some advice on the Oz housing market/procedures/mortgages, etc please email me on [email protected] or PM me.

Absolutely no catch, completely free, no obligation, the usual. I'm an ex-pom of just under 2 years and happy to help.

I'm in Adelaide so if anyone wants coffee or a beer, pm me

Callie
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

we'll be taking around £85k if the sale of the house goes through b4 we go since some ba***rd let us down, if not we'll have about £3k, so i think i'll have to tap up my dad to lend us some until the house completes

i do have a job lined up so i'll be earning straight away which isn't so bad, we've managed here without ever touching the equity in our house and i've been a student for the last 3 years, so how hard can it be?

shell
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

went out to oz 6 years ago with 6K, came back 5 months ago with about 100K, plan to go back again next year with maybe slightly more but not much because we plan to spend some on travelling
Old Nov 27th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=68MEVY]

That's really reassuring, we are taking no where near what we thought as we accepted a low cash offer on the house just to go in the end.
However we will be debt free and have a small deposit for a house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.