Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much do you spend?

How much do you spend?

Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:56 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much do you spend?

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I've got a question.

Can anyone recommend a non-scented toilet roll which lasts longer than a couple of days?

They seem to be rolled so loosely here - a couple of visits and it's all over.

Izal lol,recycled,non scented & like sandpaper,it'll last ya longer than a couple of days !!!!!!!!

Donna.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a question.

Can anyone recommend a non-scented toilet roll which lasts longer than a couple of days?

They seem to be rolled so loosely here - a couple of visits and it's all over.
Ahhhh I've looked into this myself. It's all about 2 or 3 ply difference.

I've found white Quilton Classic 3 ply approx $10 for 18 rolls from Woollies is the best value. And they don't pong of perfume either

My Sis in law buys 2 ply for her family and uses more...so it's a false economy....but she's a tight arse ...errr..not literally of course

What a shite topic of conversation
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quite interesting to see the looks I get as I'm going around Perth supermarkets squeezing and sniffing toilet rolls.

If you see me - say hello!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Quite interesting to see the looks I get as I'm going around Perth supermarkets squeezing and sniffing toilet rolls.

Im your cousin in Brisbane with the same fetish

Welcome to the toilet paper sqeezer and sniffer club:scared:
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Salmon,i love but im stunned by the price of it here very rarely buy it now,rump steak lol! very true!

Donna.
Bought some yesturday in Asda, not sure of the price per kilo but it was 2 reasonable size steaks for £2.99
Mince meat (not the cheapest) £3 a kilo
I spend £150 per week for family of 5 shopping at ASDA. That is with no booze and no junk food.
Cheers
KAZ
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
I've found white Quilton Classic 3 ply approx $10 for 18 rolls from Woollies is the best value. And they don't pong of perfume either :

Sounds good - I'll go for it. I'll give you feedback on comfort and longevity next week.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:13 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

I think i am gonna miss the scented toilet paper when we go home, oh dear i do worry about myself sometimes
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:14 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Sounds good - I'll go for it. I'll give you feedback on comfort and longevity next week.
It won't be as soft as "Charmin"
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

PMSL....and don't forget....squeeze and sniff first

Same time next week then
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:21 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

PMSL....and don't forget....squeeze and sniff first

Same time next week then
Please can i join the "squeeze and sniff" club ?
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Emzee
I think i am gonna miss the scented toilet paper when we go home, oh dear i do worry about myself sometimes
OK....when you get to UK....go to one of those old aged pension shops that sell dead peoples stuff for charity. Find yourself some Eau de toilet that's at least 30 years old.....

Go to Kwik save and buy some 2 ply grey looking bog roll

Spray your 30 year old Eau de toilet on said loo rolls....

Hey presto!! Scented loo paper

That should stop you being homesick for Aus when you get to UK
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:27 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

OK....when you get to UK....go to one of those old aged pension shops that sell dead peoples stuff for charity. Find yourself some Eau de toilet that's at least 30 years old.....

Go to Kwik save and buy some 2 ply grey looking bog roll

Spray your 30 year old Eau de toilet on said loo rolls....

Hey presto!! Scented loo paper

That should stop you being homesick for Aus when you get to UK
That would cure my homesickness as i will be spending all my time on thinking of the best way to treat my sore, rash ridden, itchy sore arse
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

auch, i spend that at the pub
i bet u eat out sometimes too. i got round all the food costs by not feeding my lot. worked so far
Originally Posted by madsad
Hiya all,

I kept all my food shopping receipts for 1 month, just got round to finally calculating how much $ i had spent on food for the month of August & gave myself quite a fright on my total $1626.

This is for a family of 5-2adults 13,7 & 4year old kids.oh & a dog!

This total includes the dogs food for a month,1x15k soap powder,5litre fab conditioner + about $100 on things like toothpaste,shampoo,toilet roll,deodorant etc...

We dont eat allot of junk,sweets for the kids are kept to a minimum,i have a homemade cooked meal on the table 5 nights out of 7 at least,weekends we tend to shove a pizza in the oven or hot dogs,burgers etc..
I would loved to have kept a monthly total of how much i spent on a months food shopping back home to compare them.
We all have good healthy appetites,even the kids but I'm sure i could cut back on just how much i am spending? or is this total about normal for a family of 5? what do you lot spend or what do you think you spend ??

Donna.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Emzee
Please can i join the "squeeze and sniff" club ?
Consider yourself in

It's toilet paper mind....not crotches
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:59 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Consider yourself in

It's toilet paper mind....not crotches
Membership squeezed, signed, sniffed, wiped and flushed IN THAT ORDER PLEASE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.