Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much do you need to earn 2....

How much do you need to earn 2....

Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:08 pm
patrickgoldsmith

patrickgoldsmith is on a distinguished road
Default How much do you need to earn 2....

Hi People thank you those who replied to my last threads am coming close to a decision. I would like to know what i can expect to pay in school fees in caloundra on the sunshine coast i have three boys aged 13,12,7
And would like opinions on how much a father of three + wife would need to earn to live a modest - decent life + pay mortgage on 3-4 bed around $225k-$300k house in sunshine coast or brisbane (should have around 30% deposit), and do aussie employers come up with the goods.
Cheers Patrick
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:17 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much do you need to earn 2....

Originally Posted by patrickgoldsmith
Hi People thank you those who replied to my last threads am coming close to a decision. I would like to know what i can expect to pay in school fees in caloundra on the sunshine coast i have three boys aged 13,12,7
And would like opinions on how much a father of three + wife would need to earn to live a modest - decent life + pay mortgage on 3-4 bed around $225k-$300k house in sunshine coast or brisbane (should have around 30% deposit), and do aussie employers come up with the goods.
Cheers Patrick
Do you mean private school for all three boys?

State schools are usual costs, budget for $600 per year per child which includes a very basic uniform and big and little school trips and you will be fine.

Individual years might cost less - but year 7 usually includes a year trip approx 250 and there are others.

If looking at private ....the school websites usually state the fees, but don't mention the extra costs per yr.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:21 pm
patrickgoldsmith

Thank you, i am told the state schools are o.k- very good in and around caloundra we will be sure to pick the right one private would be to much of a drain i expect but i am also told there a semi private catholic schools which are very good.
appreciate your input thanks again
Patrick
Old Mar 24th 2005, 11:56 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by patrickgoldsmith
Thank you, i am told the state schools are o.k- very good in and around caloundra we will be sure to pick the right one private would be to much of a drain i expect but i am also told there a semi private catholic schools which are very good.
appreciate your input thanks again
Patrick
I found the following information on Catholic school fees at: http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/pub/d...mation2004.pdf

Fees in Catholic schools?
The Catholic Education Council of the Archdiocese sets minimum recommended fees and charges on an annual basis.
All BAC ’s charge the recommended fee.
Parishes and parish schools set the fee levels at a local level in their own schools.

In 2004, the recommended fee levels are:
Primary:
Preschool $680 per student
Primary $680 per student, $960 for two children, $1,170 per family of 3 or more students
Building fund contribution $340 per primary school family

Secondary:
Junior Secondary $1,440 per student
$2,400 per family (2 students or more)
Senior Secondary An additional fee of $108 is charged for each child in senior secondary
Compulsory building fund levy per family $440.

Hope it helps

Old Mar 25th 2005, 4:38 pm
patrickgoldsmith

[Thank you i found the link very helpful
Patrick