Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much do you intend to spend?

How much do you intend to spend?

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default How much do you intend to spend?

How much do you intend to spend on a house? Just wondering to get a general idea, and whether people intend to build new or buy established.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:02 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much do you intend to spend?

Originally Posted by AndyD
How much do you intend to spend on a house? Just wondering to get a general idea, and whether people intend to build new or buy established.
Hoping to spend between $350K and $400K on a house, Though less would be better although not sure yet whether to buy or build new. Quite fancy building to get exactly want I want though.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

As little as possible

Tracey
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Well a lot will depend on how the housing market goes before we get there, but we'd be looking for below $300,000 for a 4 bed home somewhere (not exactly sure where we'll be living ). Might need a fixer upper but more than able to do a bit of DIY
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hoping to spend between $350K and $400K on a house, Though less would be better although not sure yet whether to buy or build new. Quite fancy building to get exactly want I want though.

Were on the same budget as you, along with being undecided whether to build or not. It depends on what extra costs are involved, (solicitor, stamp duty) have no idea what they charge.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

hoping to spend 400k but need to be realistic
for a three bed near to my sister in Sydney will be at least 750k!
Seaforth 2092!
Tara
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ali south
hoping to spend 400k but need to be realistic
for a three bed near to my sister in Sydney will be at least 750k!
Seaforth 2092!
Tara

$750K Won't be going to Sydney
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

750k are u fu%$#in mad or just rich WONT be goin to Sydney
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davykaz
750k are u fu%$#in mad or just rich WONT be goin to Sydney
Probably, but just wants to be near her sister. Nowt wrong with that. It is a fact that the cost of living is higher in Sydney that anywhere else in Australia.
Alisouth-Hope you find something reasonable within your budget

Tracey
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Oooooh didnt mean anything nasty by my coments I do apologise if i offended anyone Just obviously everyone has different curcimstances
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by davykaz
Oooooh didnt mean anything nasty by my coments I do apologise if i offended anyone Just obviously everyone has different curcimstances
It didnt sound nasty to be honest. Thought you had said it tongue in cheek which is why I said probably

Tracey
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:13 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
As little as possible

Tracey
Me too....depends on what /where you want though dont it.

Im looking at Perth,Northern Suburbs at least 3 bedrooms with a pool for under 600k dollars.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

By the way, just had a quick peep at the houses on realestate for the postcode you gave, Ali south. There are some bloody fantastic houses there. Looks amazing, I'm afraid I would need to win the lottery before I could consider living there. I can but dream

Tracey
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ransi
Me too....depends on what /where you want though dont it.

Im looking at Perth,Northern Suburbs at least 3 bedrooms with a pool for under 600k dollars.
I'm looking at Brisbane, 4 bedder with a pool for under $300k
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:18 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I'm looking at Brisbane, 4 bedder with a pool for under $300k
Like I said depends where though...persevere and you'll probably get what you want...(hopefully)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.