Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much did you take?

Wikiposts

How much did you take?

Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How much did you take?

Cash in the bank.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:48 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I don't know if this is prudent to ask or not but i'll ask anyway.

For all the people who migrated sucessfully...How much money did you take with you? and also, what do you think is a good amount to take? Does it help your application if you have a large wedge of cash?
Well, if our house sale completes, (we are waiting for Deed issues to be resolved on our purchasers property) then it should be about £185,000 plus.

At the moment though, all IF's
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:57 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi all,

We hope to be taking around £20k depending on what we get for the house that's now on the market. I suppose I'm a bit concerned about the fact that I will need to find a job immediately if we are to have any of this to put down as a deposit in the future. It's a gamble but it beats sitting round here thinking about it......
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

We are taking about £125,000 but wish we had more.........then we could be mortgage free. property in the goldcoast is a bit more expensive if you want ot live near the beach.

lesley..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:30 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJL family
We are taking about £125,000 but wish we had more.........then we could be mortgage free. property in the goldcoast is a bit more expensive if you want ot live near the beach.

lesley..
Well if the housing market boosts again then £350k if not £315k(ish)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

About £40k- there is just the two of us and my husband already has three job offer to decide on so I guess we will be O.K- we will need to put most of that down as deposit on a house so we can't go crazy with the money but I am not really concerned- as others has said- you cope no matter what amount you have because you have to !!

Nat
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:54 am
Just Joined

wong-fei-hung is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NorthernLass
I am panicing now!!! We are planning on taking £20,000 after shipping cost etc :scared:

Same here!!! GULP!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully after selling the house and flat we should be taking about £200,000. Hope we can get a house outright and a bit of money in the bank to see us through the first year
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

Jeez, there are some pretty well off people on these forums.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:45 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Think of all that investment going into Australia.
The immigrants coming here bring nothing (apart from TB) generalising I know but it makes you think. Australia should end up a wealthy country indeed.

Personally we will be mortgage free, but have very little cash.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:49 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I think it`s all relative, sometimes I wish we had a house to sell but then I look at all the hassle and stress people have selling their houses and find myself slightly relieved at having one less thing to worry about. We hope to have around 20,000 to go with (hubby will have a lump sum from his forces pension) but we will also have the added crutch of a monthly amount as well.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Think of all that investment going into Australia.
The immigrants coming here bring nothing (apart from TB) generalising I know but it makes you think. Australia should end up a wealthy country indeed.

Personally we will be mortgage free, but have very little cash.
That's one of the reasons i'm moving. It's like Australia has dignity and actually cares who's coming in and living there. That alone is reason enough to want to be a part of it imo.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

just thinking the same thing, we have no house to sell so what we take will be a matter of what we have managed to save, hopefully £10k but if not ive got a job to go to so that will help.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:16 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

not saying how much we will be taking but it's a fair amount but i would still do it with just 5k behind me if i had to.......it's the biggest gamble of your life but money would'nt put me off going,if you have come as far as getting your visa's then can any of us say that were not going to give it a go,for me now we have validated our visa's there would be no chance of backing out....just could'nt live with the regret if i did'nt give it a shot.......good luck to each and everyone that's got the bottle to do it
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:04 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
not saying how much we will be taking but it's a fair amount but i would still do it with just 5k behind me if i had to.......it's the biggest gamble of your life but money would'nt put me off going,if you have come as far as getting your visa's then can any of us say that were not going to give it a go,for me now we have validated our visa's there would be no chance of backing out....just could'nt live with the regret if i did'nt give it a shot.......good luck to each and everyone that's got the bottle to do it

I have two little uns, as long as i have enough for 6 months ernt and enough to pay bills food, i would still go. i have relatives who will feed water and house us until we decide what is right. we would prefer to rent initially, keep the money from our house sale in our pockets and then get a mortage when we both have jobs, and paya 25% deposit and just have a tidy sum in the bank. Horses for courses really depends how much risk your willing to take and how much drive you have to get work....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.