Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much did you ship to Australia??

How much did you ship to Australia??

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:32 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice
Default How much did you ship to Australia??

We're about to start packing up our belongings and send it off, and I was wondering how much stuff people send!??

Did you send everything from the house?? ...like electrical appliances and just changed the plugs??

We've been renting a furnished property, so we don't have much! Is there anyone that has sent or will be sending something in the region of 10 Tea Cartons as we will probably be doing!!?? If so, how much did you pay?? (if you don't mind me asking!! )

The reason I ask is that I've been in touch with PSS, and it looks like we'll have to pay courier charges of £10 per box to send them down to PSS's depot!! ...not only that, but we've also got to pay for the postage of the empty boxes & packing, and leave a £5 per box deposit that will be deducted from the final bill!! I realise it's not worth PSS sending out a removals van for 10 Tea Cartons, but is this typical??

Thanks
Grant

Last edited by GrantP; Jun 22nd 2005 at 8:42 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Default Re: How much did you ship to Australia??

Originally Posted by GrantP
We're about to start packing up our belongings and send it off, and I was wondering how much stuff people send!??

Did you send everything from the house?? ...like electrical appliances and just changed the plugs??

We've been renting a furnished property, so we don't have much! Is there anyone that has sent or will be sending something in the region of 10 Tea Cartons as we will probably be doing!!?? If so, how much did you pay?? (if you don't mind me asking!! )

The reason I ask is that I've been in touch with PSS, and it looks like we'll have to pay courier charges of £10 per box to send them down to PSS's depot!! ...not only that, but we've also got to pay for the postage of the empty boxes & packing, and leave a £5 per box deposit that will be deducted from the final bill!! I realise it's not worth PSS sending out a removals van for 10 Tea Cartons, but is this typical??

Thanks
Grant
no help to u but we brought absolutely nothing , stated all over .
good luck .
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Coulterk will become famous soon enoughCoulterk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How much did you ship to Australia??

Originally Posted by debreeve
no help to u but we brought absolutely nothing , stated all over .
good luck .
We are at the other end of the scale and bought everything in a 40 foot container.