Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much did it actually cost you roughly to emigrate?

How much did it actually cost you roughly to emigrate?

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much did it actually cost you roughly to emigrate?

Originally Posted by Annemarie24
I think you should do your research before making silly comments like these first. You know NOTHING about our circumstances

Just what you have said in other threads.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should do your research before making silly comments like these first. You know NOTHING about our circumstances
So this wasn't you then? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...96&postcount=1
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

MissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Jeeez. Give the girl a break would ya. Is it a pre requisite to jump on the newbie or what? Why?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissingOZ
Jeeez. Give the girl a break would ya. Is it a pre requisite to jump on the newbie or what? Why?
She didn't jump on her, she asked a reasonable question considering previous posts. Perhaps you could stick to useful info instead of having a go at someone for the reply they gave. In the rules, which I assume you read when you joined, states 'Anyone who finds a posted message objectionable is encouraged to notify a moderator immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame if we determine that removal is necessary'. That means press the report button not take it upon yourself to discuss the actions of another poster. Thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I simply answered her question honestly. If anyone jumped on anyone I would say it was the OP jumping on me for reminding her that she is in fact not likely to be moving to Australia in 2013.

Perhaps you could add something of benefit to the thread other than joining in the jumping on people.

And btw. If you have a problem with a post then click on the little blue ! Box and report it.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:35 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil248

Embrace Australia or don't bother coming
Interesting comment... Is that embrace unemployment?

Embrace the breakdown of your marriage?

Embrace the darkest depression you've ever known?

And finally embrace the central, concrete reservation that you're driving into a 120km/hr, in the hope that will give you some relief from this terrible, terrible situation you find yourself in?

Which part of that Australian life do you think the person concerned embraced????
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Annemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really nice

Of course this was me!! But in any of my posts I have never said EXACTLY when we would be moving because at that time we didn't know. Turns out I can move and get a job without the experience that some hospitals require. Yes you did answer my question before adding your little negatives comments which to be honest as soon as I got a notification to say you had replied, before even reading your reply I knew it would have some negative aspects to it. it seems to be a recurrence with your postS.
I was simply asking for useful information off people, not silly little negative comments.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:04 am
Still alive

Of course this was me!! But in any of my posts I have never said EXACTLY when we would be moving because at that time we didn't know. Turns out I can move and get a job without the experience that some hospitals require. Yes you did answer my question before adding your little negatives comments which to be honest as soon as I got a notification to say you had replied, before even reading your reply I knew it would have some negative aspects to it. it seems to be a recurrence with your postS.
I was simply asking for useful information off people, not silly little negative comments.
Unfortunately it's not the hospital that requires experience it's DIAC. What visa are you planning on moving on as a new grad?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be negative. Just honest.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Looking back I see Dorothy has replied to you twice now, both times giving you advice, links and the information you require. She wasn't negative, simply confused because you previously stated that you were unlikely to be able to move until late 2015 if I remember correctly. I imagine she was concerned that you were looking at a date that was unobtainable for you. No one is a mind reader, we can only go by the information given. Biting the hand that feeds, ie getting annoyed because someone shows an interest and tries to help, is unlikely to help in the process of applying for visa/moving over. I suggest you place her on ignore if you don't like her posts.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice

I think it depends on how you want to live/travel too. Some people will be happy with something more modest - others will require accommodation right in the centre of Sydney. Some want business class flights with stop-overs, others happy to go economy non-stop.

My hubby has a job lined up. Not a great paid job but they are covering our expenses so I see that as a fantastic bonus, otherwise we couldn't afford to go. Mind you, it is the emotional cost that concerns me the most. Two of my children have additional support needs so my main concerns are for them.

Good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

MissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really nice

I simply answered her question honestly. reminding her that she is in fact not likely to be moving to Australia in 2013.

Perhaps you could add something of benefit to the thread other than joining in the jumping on people.

If I may respond without being deleted........and give an opinion based on what has actually been written so far by the OP. Clearly she is not obligated to give you, me or anyone else her life story and is certainly aware of her own circumstance, as she clearly implied and issue subsequently taken! That is her prerogative and I accept that.

Do you know enough of her circumstance from her posts to determine your response? I doubt it. Are you a CO? Is this DIAC? I did see that there are family already in Australia. Is that a game changer? Who knows? What nationality is her partner? What does he do? Who knows? She hasn't divulged that information and perhaps she feels that she has no need too. Who are you, me or anyone else to judge based on what has been written so far?

Without the above I can't see how anyone can make a judgement such as yours by what she has written so far. Honest or not.

No need to press the blue button. Some just need to chill a little and give her a break.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we are emigrating next year oct 2013 just wondered how much it has cost people to emigrate?

I.e flights (family of 4) I'm prices not out yet for oct 13 but I'm thinking between 2000-2500 for a OW?
Moving of furniture
Bond on rental accommodation?
Visas

Thanks in advance
Annemarie
$30,000

This included all manner of things. Spousal Visa's, legal fees, flights to Australia, flights back out of Australia to activate the visa, shipping, buying new items, beds, sofa, fridge, etc (we lived in a furnished flat in the UK and most flats in Oz are unfurnished), first months accomodation .... ooops forgot to mention the car, make that $40,000.

It doesn't have to be that expensive and thankfully it was all, minus the car, covered by my job - otherwise we wouldn't have moved.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

If I may respond without being deleted........and give an opinion based on what has actually been written so far by the OP. Clearly she is not obligated to give you, me or anyone else her life story and is certainly aware of her own circumstance, as she clearly implied and issue subsequently taken! That is her prerogative and I accept that.

Do you know enough of her circumstance from her posts to determine your response? I doubt it. Are you a CO? Is this DIAC? I did see that there are family already in Australia. Is that a game changer? Who knows? What nationality is her partner? What does he do? Who knows? She hasn't divulged that information and perhaps she feels that she has no need too. Who are you, me or anyone else to judge based on what has been written so far?

Without the above I can't see how anyone can make a judgement such as yours by what she has written so far. Honest or not.

No need to press the blue button. Some just need to chill a little and give her a break.
OK last comment on this, no one has judged the OP, no one had assumed stuff about the OP that has not been mentioned. In a previous post she stated certain facts which Dorothy queried on this thread as the information the OP gave was different. Dorothy happens to have a huge amount of Immigration experience, both professionally and personally. At no point has she made assumptions or given incorrect or negative information.

Now move on please or the thread will be closed. Hopefully others will have a chance to give their costings.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:54 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Costs in sterling

Visas about 4k with ( agent fees)
Shipping a container 3k
Car 10k
(sailed here on boat so bond and flight irrelevant)
Period of unemployment - easily 30k
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:58 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
Interesting comment... Is that embrace unemployment?

Embrace the breakdown of your marriage?

Embrace the darkest depression you've ever known?

And finally embrace the central, concrete reservation that you're driving into a 120km/hr, in the hope that will give you some relief from this terrible, terrible situation you find yourself in?

Which part of that Australian life do you think the person concerned embraced????

Oh dear someone is really bitter

I would just like to say that it is Australia's fault that I now have very little hair, am a little larger around the waist, and that I no longer look like George clooneys twin !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.