Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much can you get in a 20ft container?

Wikiposts

How much can you get in a 20ft container?

Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How much can you get in a 20ft container?

Originally Posted by joho
We had a 20ft here is what we took approx

2 double beds and mattresses (beds did flat pack)
1 single 4 poster (flat)
2 Side boards
4 seater sofa
3 seater sofa
chair
poofer
Large 8 seater table flat but not very
6 dinning chairs
2 5 draw chests
1 tall boy
1 dressing table large
1 3 draw chest
Large 32" tv in crate
4 wadrobes flat packed down
1 Desk
1 chest freezer
1 upright freezer
washing machine
tumble drier
2 coffee tables
1 Glass cabinet
1 buerau
large solid bookcase
tools and such
other portable tellies, videos, dvd players
approx 100 boxes of this and that

Remember you can pack the draws, freezers sideboards with bedding, cushions, clothes. We put all dvds cds videos in the draws, but

and still more room if we needed it.

Hope this helps

Cheers Jo
Great list, you have put my mind at rest too... 20ft for us then!

many thanks

Julie
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:58 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks RT, that's good to know!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: How much can you get in a 20ft container?

Originally Posted by jumbo
PSS reckon on a volume of 1050 cubic feet for a 20' container. If in doubt do a spreadsheet.

Cheers
Anyone know what a 20ft is in metric (if they do that)?
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridiej
That's handy to know, sounds like we could get away with a 20ft one then!
Agree....it sounds like it takes a lot...great news, hadn't really thought about shipping, but assumed most people took possessions, but not too much furniture etc and still needed a 40 Ft'r.

It's difficuilt to estiamte how big they are, everytime we see one on the motorway, my husband shouts out whether he thinks it's a 20 or 40 footer.....but we all know what men are like at estimating sizes....

Great thread, thanks Worzel.

Judith
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:34 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of lengths of 19' 11" timber?
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Lots of lengths of 19' 11" timber?
lol..
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Just sent you Karma and got you your second blue box!
Aww thank you very much, 2 boxes now yippee.

Jo
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:48 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

whats a blue box ?

Aww thank you very much, 2 boxes now yippee.

Jo
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

whats a blue box ?
I think the more you help people and the more people that give you karma the more blue boxes you earn. But your doing pretty good.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:53 am

ta and what are the stars?

I think the more you help people and the more people that give you karma the more blue boxes you earn. But your doing pretty good.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ta and what are the stars?
There for when your a really good boy/girl just like at school . So dont you go misbehaving or they might take them away I think they are based on how many posts you do!!!!!correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:20 pm

I need to get out more then :-)

There for when your a really good boy/girl just like at school . So dont you go misbehaving or they might take them away I think they are based on how many posts you do!!!!!correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:11 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klmar
Anyone know what a 20ft is in metric (if they do that)?
I am sure there are plenty of places on the web you can convert that but I like the description someone used a while ago: 20ft is 1/3rd of a Tesco delivery lorry.