Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much can cost to ship a car to Oz from the UK?

How much can cost to ship a car to Oz from the UK?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light
Default How much can cost to ship a car to Oz from the UK?

I think about it, having seen second hand cars in australia - aren't cheap, mileage is high, for the same price in the UK I can buy younger car, and lower mileage, but I don't know costs of shiping and paperwork with duty officers; if someone knows, please, let me know.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How much can cost to ship a car to Oz from the UK?

Originally Posted by Conrad242
I think about it, having seen second hand cars in australia - aren't cheap, mileage is high, for the same price in the UK I can buy younger car, and lower mileage, but I don't know costs of shiping and paperwork with duty officers; if someone knows, please, let me know.
Search the forum as the question has been asked many times before.

General consensus is it's not worth it.

WW
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

unless you have a 1960 corvette

then i would take no matter what
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough

Read this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...shipping+a+car I thought about shipping my car over but having second thoughts now.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Check out Karman Shipping:

http://www.karmanshipping.co.uk/aust...orthwhile.html

Gav
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Its about 800 to 1000 quid to ship it and about 450 to 600 for clearingcustoms and on the road

Then they tax you on the value of the car and then GST all of it.

Buy a cheap new Jap car, they never go wrong and parts are plentiful.

Unless your company are paying then go for it