Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much to build a house in NZ?

How much to build a house in NZ?

Old Aug 14th 2003, 10:58 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much to build a house in NZ?

Can anybody tell me what a realistic cost would be to build a house in NZ?

eg say if I bought a section for under $100,000 and then built a ready made house like something from http://www.landmarkhomes.co.nz/ourdesigns.html (eg £100,000 house) what extra expenses would I face?

When you buy a house like this, presumably you have to pay extra for a kitchen and bathroom etc, or is that normally included?

Obviously some landscaping would need to be done, and driveways and garages etc....

Any ideas how much extra one would need for this...? How much do kitchens/bathrooms cost?

Anybody done this?

Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:26 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much to build a house in NZ?

DeeDee is building their own home in South Island. I would suggest dropping her a line.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

I done an earlier post on the same subject and was given useful sites which included price, fittings, etc plus you could do a virtual tour of the homes. I think the post was building your own house.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

Look for the thread in July called "building a house in NZ"

Goood Luck
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
The thread is:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=8247

All the companys seem to offer a package which may include kitchens, bathrooms etc.

See also the website: www.constructionsite.info/
Go to New Zealand, then go to Manufacturers etc..., then House Builders. Lots of House Buider site.

Also try www.moss-brothers.co.nz plus www.mooreliving.co.nz

Good luck.

Roger
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:13 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

errrr....Deedee is a "he"
although ms Deedee isn't.....

Last edited by deedee; Aug 14th 2003 at 8:16 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much to build a house in NZ?

Originally posted by jandjuk
Can anybody tell me what a realistic cost would be to build a house in NZ?

eg say if I bought a section for under $100,000 and then built a ready made house like something from http://www.landmarkhomes.co.nz/ourdesigns.html (eg £100,000 house) what extra expenses would I face?

When you buy a house like this, presumably you have to pay extra for a kitchen and bathroom etc, or is that normally included?

Obviously some landscaping would need to be done, and driveways and garages etc....

Any ideas how much extra one would need for this...? How much do kitchens/bathrooms cost?

Anybody done this?

Thanks
Try www.jennian.co.nz

We received a pack from them with prices and brochures of all homes they build and there are some fantastic ones. In their prices most of their homes include fitted kitchen with cooker and dishwasher. Extras are carpets, curtains, driveway and landscaping. Prices ranged from $67K - $250K.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 7:53 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mr Deedee,

Are you sure Ms Deedee does not log in behind your back?

Southerner

Originally posted by deedee
Old Aug 15th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by deedee

...must admit I thought you were a missus too! I was quite impressed with your knowledge of building...and that you were stacking 200 tonnes of stone!

So why the girly name?

Gra..
Old Aug 15th 2003, 8:12 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

hahahahahahaha

perhaps it should have been spelt "DD",its a long story but i don't mind people thinking i'm a girly.....no one can see me

I think ms Deedee has but her 2pence(oops,cents) worth under my name though....they were the posts that made total sence,mine are usually written in riddles.However,her knowledge of building is probably better than mine,she was out there on the farm all day yesterday building a 10mx6m implement shed and ripping out the old fence lines.Having said that,shes still in bed now and i don't think we'll be doing much work today.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Quite liked the idea of a big farm girl cutting down those trees and stacking up all the stone. But then perhaps I'm a bit sad.

Roger
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:07 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

guess i'm a little sad too.
Its a two person job building a house up here because if you need a hand its a long way to go to get someone.Its even 4kms to the post box.
I broke down whilst driving a tractor on a friends farm across the valley and it took the best part of the morning just to walk back,no cellphone reception either!Ah,the joys of the NZ high country.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:02 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all...

anybody had any experience with landmark homes? any views good or bad??