Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much to bring my pet Dog

How much to bring my pet Dog

Old Jan 29th 2006, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

sion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud of
Red face How much to bring my pet Dog

Looking at moving to perth early next year, and was wondering how much it would cost to bring my dog with us.

And i am a bit worried if he will get used to the weather.

I cant even imagine leaving him behind but I want to make sure he will be OK
Old Jan 29th 2006, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How much to bring my pet Dog

Originally Posted by sion
Looking at moving to perth early next year, and was wondering how much it would cost to bring my dog with us.

And i am a bit worried if he will get used to the weather.

I cant even imagine leaving him behind but I want to make sure he will be OK
The price depends on the size of your dog...We paid £1200 to bring our little Jack russle over here.
My feeelings were he is part of the family and i wouldnt leave one of my kids behind now or would i
When we shipped our dog out, we dropped him off with Golden Arrows and there was snow on the ground....He turned up in Perth where it was 40degrees for a few days.
They soon adjust to the heat, mines always been lazy so can't blame that on the weather!
I totally recommend Golden Arrows shippers, if you do a search on here you should find all the info you need on shipping your dog.

Goodluck
Claire
Old Jan 29th 2006, 1:50 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah we will be wanting to ship out our miniture yorkshire terrier.... can you get a fast trak system I heard, where it only takes a month for them to get over there and injected etc.... ?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
yeah we will be wanting to ship out our miniture yorkshire terrier.... can you get a fast trak system I heard, where it only takes a month for them to get over there and injected etc.... ?
Not sure on fast tracking pets, but from what i rememeber they have to have a blood test taken 30days before they fly out and then they have got a 30day quarrantine over here.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:08 pm
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road

sion

we have just had a quote from airpets for £2500 to go to perth this august
this does not include vet fees here for the blood tests etc
and also you will pay the kennels at byford approx $800.

andy
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thought this was worth a mention too, i would book well in advance for space in the quarrantine stations as we have friends who couldnt get there dog into Byford in Perth at the time they needed too and ended up having to send him to Sydney to do his quarrantine time and then fly him over to Perth.
All added stress to dog and owners!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

The quote for our 2 cocker spaniels to Perth was £2200 with airpets plus quarantine & vets fees. Going to get another quote from Golden Arrow though as there seems to be a lot of good reports about them.
TJ
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Do golden arrow have a website? I cant find it if they have, anyone got a phone number?

I've had a few quotes for our boxer they range from £1800 - £2600 big difference for the same service
Airpets so far are the cheapest to ship to Sydney, anyone used them??
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hilary6
Do golden arrow have a website? I cant find it if they have, anyone got a phone number?

I've had a few quotes for our boxer they range from £1800 - £2600 big difference for the same service
Airpets so far are the cheapest to ship to Sydney, anyone used them??
Golden Arrow: 01588 680240, based in Shropshire. They don't have a website.
TJ
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Golden Arrow: 01588 680240, based in Shropshire. They don't have a website.
TJ
Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:10 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how much it would be to ship one cat?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

sion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud of
Smile Re: How much to bring my pet Dog

Thanks for the info, not cheap is it, but theres no way I am leaving my dog.

sounds like golden arrow are favourites I will give them a call.

Thanks again for the advice

Sion , Jasper (the dog) says thanks too
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:52 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

ASk them if they need a website built :P and if they do to give me an email
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:41 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wonder how much it would be to ship one cat?
We are paying just under £900.00 to ship our cat to Melbourne with Golden Arrow. That includes the Permit, 2/3 nights at their cattery a vets check and transport to Heathrow. I cannot recommend Golden Arrow enough - and we haven't even sent her yet!! She is going on the 13th Feb. The good thing about Golden Arrow is that you can book a date for your pet to go there, but If you change your mind or have a change of plans up until the day there is no charge. They seem to genuinely care about the animals.

They are based in a small village called Lydbury North between Bishops Castle and Craven Arms in Shropshire. When we booked our cat in we received not only directions to their premises but also a map of where the Quaranteen Station is too! Excellent service.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

We are taking two jack russels through Jets4pets. I have spoken to Brian there and they are brill with explaining absolutely everything and helping you throughout the whole process. Their prices are also extremely competitive. I know that cats are cheaper than dogs. I hope this helps someone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.