Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much?????????

How much?????????

Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default How much?????????

I fly back to the UK next Tuesday, and not only do I hate flying, but I also appear to be getting grumpy in my old age. The thought of spending all that time on the plane is bad enough and knowing my luck I would get a pile of kids sitting behind me (not that I dislike kids ), kicking the back of the seat, throwing up or leaning over catching the back of my head.
On the other hand I could get a nice friendly couple who want to be me best friends forever and ever and tell me their life story................get the picture?
Anyway the doc has given me some drugs to calm me down on the flight, and after a chat with Mick he tols me to call up Quantas and just upgrade to business class, no matter the cost.
So I calls them up, giving them my details..............how much you reckon to upgrade???????????????????????? In addition to the $2500 already paid, it would have cost me another $10, 500 :scared: .
thought the bloke was taking the you know what. I know mick did say upgrade whatever the cost, but that is just ridiculous................a girl can have quite a bit of fun with $10, 500!!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:38 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much?????????

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I fly back to the UK next Tuesday, and not only do I hate flying, but I also appear to be getting grumpy in my old age. The thought of spending all that time on the plane is bad enough and knowing my luck I would get a pile of kids sitting behind me (not that I dislike kids ), kicking the back of the seat, throwing up or leaning over catching the back of my head.
On the other hand I could get a nice friendly couple who want to be me best friends forever and ever and tell me their life story................get the picture?
Anyway the doc has given me some drugs to calm me down on the flight, and after a chat with Mick he tols me to call up Quantas and just upgrade to business class, no matter the cost.
So I calls them up, giving them my details..............how much you reckon to upgrade???????????????????????? In addition to the $2500 already paid, it would have cost me another $10, 500 :scared: .
thought the bloke was taking the you know what. I know mick did say upgrade whatever the cost, but that is just ridiculous................a girl can have quite a bit of fun with $10, 500!!!
Dress well and ask when you check in if you can get upgraded. Never know there may be a seat available at no charge.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I intend going to the Quantas desk when I arrive at the airport, just to check the price then, dont mind paying..............but not that amount.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:09 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

How much????????????????
I'd get some sedatives from my GP and have a few drinks - you won't care who sits behind, at the side, in front or on top of you!
You could do some serious shopping with that - I'd tell hubby I'd upgraded and keep the dosh
Tracey
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

You could do some serious shopping with that - I'd tell hubby I'd upgraded and keep the dosh
Tracey[/QUOTE]

Was thinking of doing that as I stop over in singapore!!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:19 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Tracey

Was thinking of doing that as I stop over in singapore!!! [/QUOTE]

Good on ya! Bargains to be had over there!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Dress well and ask when you check in if you can get upgraded. Never know there may be a seat available at no charge.
I've heard that Qantas no longer do this. People who pay sometimes get annoyed when others get the same treatment for free. Has anyone been upgraded by Qantas recently?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Dont think I would have the nerve to do that?
Last year, I flew back alone, and dad had died the day before. I had on a black trouser suit, and was very quiet, due to the circumstances. Mick spoke to the checking girl, explaining the situation, asking if they can find a seat where I could be left alone,so I could get as much sleep as poss.............and I got the worst seat on the flight.
It was centre aisle, but the very last row. The seats didnt even tip back very far. It was vital that I slept for most of the journey as I couldnt afford to suffer from much jetlag. I had to help arrange dads funeral and sort loads out.
Ever sat at the back of the plane? Well you get everyone coming down doing their mini keep fit class!!! Then you get the queue for the bloody loo!!! And everyone that passes wants to have a chat!!!