How Much!!!!!

Old Feb 14th 2004, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice
Default How Much!!!!!

Just got the Tesco bill for last month's food shopping. We are 2 adults 2 kids and 1 dog. We don't go mad no beer or spirits just a couple of bottles of wine a week. But the average bill is £800 a month.

So the question for similar size family down under.

Do you spend $1920 a month at the supermarket?

I wasn't long ago the morgage was the biggest outgoing!!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: How Much!!!!!

Originally posted by Sydney The Dog
Just got the Tesco bill for last month's food shopping. We are 2 adults 2 kids and 1 dog. We don't go mad no beer or spirits just a couple of bottles of wine a week. But the average bill is £800 a month.

a friend of mine in perth (2 adults and 2 children 13,3yrs) told us she spends around $200/week if that helps
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:38 pm
WBB

£200 a week on food!!!!!!!

we are 2 adults 2 kids and 2 goldfish and we probably spend closer £100 a week.

do you buy loads of micro meals and the like?

Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I found cost of living the same in terms of supermarket shopping (i.e. in relation to my earnings). Some things cheaper in Oz, some things more expensive. There have been a whole host of threads about this before.

ANd it will all depend on what you buy won't it.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
£200 a week on food!!!!!!!

we are 2 adults 2 kids and 2 goldfish and we probably spend closer £100 a week.

do you buy loads of micro meals and the like?

And £75 of that is for the fish
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:44 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

£200 a week in the supermarket, pretty cheap weekly shop that!

But how do you survive on only £5 worth of food

£195 on Stella, bloody lightweight
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:49 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Jack Daws

But how do you survive on only £5 worth of food

£195 on Stella, bloody lightweight
we make a bag of chips go a long way & then were to pissed toeat anyway
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:49 pm
Go Banana's !!

Funny coincidence, Jill and I were only talking about this this morning as we were looking at our budget for when we get to Perth eventually. If we spent £800/month we would be bankrupt very quickly !!!!

Our current food bill (2 adults and 1 child) is approx. £300 per month but most of that is all shopped at M & S. We find that we actually spend less in there than if we went to Tesco for some reason ??

When we were in Oz (Perth) we did the food shopping when we were staying with our rellies and found that for 4 adults and 2 children it was still coming out at less than $150AUD and that included laods of prans and tinnies !!

Anyway, everyone is different but thats what we found.

Warren
Perth 2004....

Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:51 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Jack Daws
what do you eat, caviar and champagne?

Old Feb 14th 2004, 4:04 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
what do you eat, caviar and champagne?

Yes darling