How Much !!!!!!

Old Sep 14th 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Adelaidebound,

We brought our 2 siamese cats out with us, we used airpets at Heathrow airport and that cost us 1025.00 pounds, then you have got the 30 days quarantine in Melbourne which will be about 500.00 dollars and then the cost of transport from Melbourne to Adelaide which was about 260.00 dollars.
We sent them out 2 weeks before we arrived so we did'nt have to wait so long for them, when they did arrive the smaller of the 2 (Milo) looked like he had just been liberated from a consentration camp, extremly thin, most definatly had not been eating. I had phoned the quarantine centre on at least 4-5 occasions to make sure all was ok with the boys and was told each time all was fine.
So much for proffesionals, not what you need when you move all this way.

Colin
Old Sep 14th 2003, 9:11 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by colinnsam
Hi Adelaidebound,

We brought our 2 siamese cats out with us, we used airpets at Heathrow airport and that cost us 1025.00 pounds, then you have got the 30 days quarantine in Melbourne which will be about 500.00 dollars and then the cost of transport from Melbourne to Adelaide which was about 260.00 dollars.
We sent them out 2 weeks before we arrived so we did'nt have to wait so long for them, when they did arrive the smaller of the 2 (Milo) looked like he had just been liberated from a consentration camp, extremly thin, most definatly had not been eating. I had phoned the quarantine centre on at least 4-5 occasions to make sure all was ok with the boys and was told each time all was fine.
So much for proffesionals, not what you need when you move all this way.

Colin
Colin
Thanks for your reply.
Seriously that sounds terrible. I am still in 2 minds as to whether to hand them over to family over here or take them with us.
I am not even sure if they will be able to handle the move. They are far to timid.
Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2003, 11:12 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by Larissa
Did you hear about that bloke that posted himself across America this week? Perhaps you could do the same - they're furry, so they might not feel the cold in the hold. Sedate them so they don't meow... and you should get the change from £20.00. Oh! Just realised - I could start my own small buisness doing this and make a packet!
Sorry Larissa
The cat hats won the vote. Nice thought though, cant rely on the post these days.
Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2003, 11:17 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Colin
Thanks for your reply.
Seriously that sounds terrible. I am still in 2 minds as to whether to hand them over to family over here or take them with us.
I am not even sure if they will be able to handle the move. They are far to timid.
Cheers
If its any consequence ,i have heard more good stories than bad ones ,in all my years in the business, {removals] these pet travel companys don,t last long if they stuff up,we had a Maltese terrier sent from Adelaide to Alice Springs , the baggage handlers left it sitting in the cargo hold of a plane, in 40degC heat on the tarmac .Some how the carriers stuffed up ,with their instructions , consequently the dog expired, the ensuing legal action caused the company to expire, some people ,take their pets very seriously. ......... MM
Old Sep 14th 2003, 11:20 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by mr mover
If its any consequence ,i have heard more good stories than bad ones ,in all my years in the business, {removals] these pet travel companys don,t last long if they stuff up,we had a Maltese terrier sent from Adelaide to Alice Springs , the baggage handlers left it sitting in the cargo hold of a plane, in 40degC heat on the tarmac .Some how the carriers stuffed up ,with their instructions , consequently the dog expired, the ensuing legal action caused the company to expire, some people ,take their pets very seriously. ......... MM

Thanks MM
HOT DOG GET YOUR HOT DOG.

Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2003, 11:40 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
A cat hat do the trick?

John Wamsley
A Great man OZ needs more like him ,thats while theres still an Oz worth looking at , more power to him..... MM
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

nellynonkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Meg
Great Idea. Cats have been put on a crash diet. 6 Months they should look the part. Could you suggest any tranquilisers for them. Any ideas on sticking them to the childrens heads? No Nails do you think?
Cheers

Aruldite???? (not sure I spelt it correctly though):scared:
Old Sep 15th 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nellynonkin
Aruldite???? (not sure I spelt it correctly though):scared:
Velcro? Covers up the back of the neck nicely, like a legionares hat... didn't Alexander the Great have one?
Old Sep 15th 2003, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

I found this site http://www.petexports.co.uk/australia.html and we reckoned about 300-400 for the cat but they arrive in adelaide and we are going to brisbane so they'll be extra cost. plus a month in cattery.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Vicky,

There is only 2 quarantine centres for animals, one in Melbourne (spotsward) and the other is in Perth.

This is the information that I was given when we arranged for our 2 cats to be sent out. Heathrow to Melbourne, 30 days in quarantine and then on to us in Adelaide.

Colin
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

DogsComingToo is an unknown quantity at this point

There is also a quarantine centre in Sydney and apparently they are all rediculously busy at the moment so if you are taking your doggy's and moggy's book up early!

You can do it all yourself and it doesn't actually look that complicated. All the info you need can be found on the AQIS site http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...00060B0AA00014 and I would imagine the cost would be significantly less.

However the thought of getting it wrong which could result in the 'destruction' of our soppy doggy means we are going to be forking out silly money to one of the export companies.

Ah well at least we know we are fools!!

Last edited by DogsComingToo; Sep 16th 2003 at 8:55 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 9:50 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

This is a thread that was discussed a couple of weeks ago hope it is of some help.

Cheers.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Colin

did your cats settle OK, we don't know whether to take ours or not, she's a 2 year old resuced cat, she does OK in the hot weather our main concern would be the trip there, and then what we'd do with her whilst we rented whlist looking for a house to buy and then when in the house what if she tried to catch a snake or spider as she likes hunting.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Having discovered the cost of "shipping", we decided not to take our 2 cats, told the kids we wouldn't be taking them and that we would get a parrot!
Friend of wifes said she would love to have the cats.
Since then unfortunately, 1 has been killed in an RTA so we've only got one left.
Another reason for not taking them was that it's bad enough when they killed 2 broods of baby blackbirds, a couple of swifts, a wood pigeon and brought home numerous sqirrels tails (they drop em when caught/chased), if they started catching kookaburras, parakeets etc. it would break our hearts.
I/we feel that you have some responsibility for your pet's actions when going to another country.