Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How the Meds can turn into a comedy!!!

How the Meds can turn into a comedy!!!

Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:47 pm
earlswood

Default How the Meds can turn into a comedy!!!

I can't stay long as this chair is killing me and I need to have a lie down.........................

Now most of you have probably sailed through your Meds eh??

Not us...........

Last night as I was painting the bathroom ready for the estate agents visit on Friday. The toilet seat I was standing on to reach the hard bits (yes I know what was I standing on a loo seat for!!!) exploded beneath me

I ended up with my left foot down the u-bend and the rest of me smashed up the frame of the shower.... Assesing the damage and retrieving a very wet slipper I ... couldn't walk,had a swollen ankle bruised and graised back brised arm and all in time for the meds today

Didn't sleep last night because my back hurt so much.

Anyway.... got to the Medical Centre, doctor looked at me as I was trying to pretend everything was OK, saw the sweat and the fact I could hardly walk and sussed me out

Then..... 18yr old son has his very first blood test and all 6ft 2" of him passes out, hits his head on the wall and has a convultion

Doctors and nurses everywhere, the other kids in panic (they hadn't had theirs yet:scared: )

Then after booking the appointment specifically at this time to avoid lady's thingies my 15 year old has hers 2 weeks early and they won't do the urine test!! (have to take one in next week).

All that and it only cost £757.00

Those of you awaiting your meds wrap yourselves up in cotton wool the day before:lecture:

Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:50 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow, we have ours in two weeks time and your story has scared the life out of me.

I don't think I'll be going near the toilet now for the next fortnight, although perhaps that wouldn't be too fair on the Doctor !
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody hell there Earlswood-talk about trying to make it exciting-ours were just soooooo boring.We should have come with you I could do with a laugh..... Mrs.Neal
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:02 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by neal
Bloody hell there Earlswood-talk about trying to make it exciting-ours were just soooooo boring.We should have come with you I could do with a laugh..... Mrs.Neal
Mrs N,

You should know by now nothing goes to plan with my lot

How are you feelin today luv??

Anita x

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:03 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Oh wow, we have ours in two weeks time and your story has scared the life out of me.

I don't think I'll be going near the toilet now for the next fortnight, although perhaps that wouldn't be too fair on the Doctor !

You'll be all right as long as you don't stand on it!!

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

But did you pass?????

Thanx for the laff

Primrose and Family::scared:
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:10 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by primrose
But did you pass?????

Thanx for the laff

Primrose and Family::scared:
I think so.......... unless they find something nasty in my blood which is another story..........
The nurse couldn't find a vein after much proding.
She passed me onto the Doc who says he is the best blood letter in the business

Turns me into a pin cushion, he ends up using two syringes one on each arm in the nastiest hurtiest vein possible has to use a syringe to suck it out as I'm not very givish in the vein dept....

End up with 4 plasters

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default earlswood

So glad it all went well mate

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:32 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Frank Spencer comes to mind
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

good grief!:scared:
know must be awful for you, but you have given me a laugh-sorry
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by earlswood
Mrs N,

You should know by now nothing goes to plan with my lot

How are you feelin today luv??

Anita x
All the better for reading your thread Still pretty c**p but it will work itself through I know.Think the biggest problem is being so tired but have still got sense of humour so could be worse... Mrs.N
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:09 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: How the Meds can turn into a comedy!!!

I can't stay long as this chair is killing me and I need to have a lie down.........................

Not us...........

Last night as I was painting the bathroom ready for the estate agents visit on Friday. The toilet seat I was standing on to reach the hard bits (yes I know what was I standing on a loo seat for!!!) exploded beneath me

I ended up with my left foot down the u-bend and the rest of me smashed up the frame of the shower.... Assesing the damage and retrieving a very wet slipper I ... couldn't walk,had a swollen ankle bruised and graised back brised arm and all in time for the meds today

Anyway.... got to the Medical Centre, doctor looked at me as I was trying to pretend everything was OK, saw the sweat and the fact I could hardly walk and sussed me out

Then..... 18yr old son has his very first blood test and all 6ft 2" of him passes out, hits his head on the wall and has a convultion

Doctors and nurses everywhere, the other kids in panic (they hadn't had theirs yet:scared: )

Then after booking the appointment specifically at this time to avoid lady's thingies my 15 year old has hers 2 weeks early and they won't do the urine test!! (have to take one in next week).

Those of you awaiting your meds wrap yourselves up in cotton wool the day before:lecture:

Sorry but 'laughed out loud' VERY LOUD

This was the funniest thing I think I've read on here. Warren came rushing down stairs told me I had to read it.
I'm so sorry it's at your expense, but I do think it's 'the way ya tell 'em'
You should write your own comedy show - Ben Elton watch out.

Do hope you are feeling better soon

Jill

Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Oh no, we are going for our meds tomorrow so where's that cotton wool?

Mandy
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How the Meds can turn into a comedy!!!

Not us...........

arlene
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:49 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

OMG, you and yours don't do things by half do you? You will be laughing about this for years to come especially as you will slay the dragon in the process.

Regards
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.