Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to masacre a horde of mozzies

How to masacre a horde of mozzies

Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:24 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Smile How to masacre a horde of mozzies

By accident I've found a really good way of killing an entire generation of mozzies and breaking the breeding cycle. It has seemed to massivley reduced the number of mozzies on my place so here goes to all you mozzie sufferers.

First clean up all debris, dead leaves etc. Find and get rid off all standing water or places it can settle around your home and pay special attention to making sure your gutters are clear. THEN......

Get a fairly large open top container about 1.5m by .5m by 200mm and put it in a semi shaded place and fill it with nice fresh water. On the next feeding frency and shag fest the females seem to take the easy option of laying thier eggs in the nice incubator you just created for them. The adults after doing the wild thing and getting Jiggy go off and die somewhere. Now leave the water a few weeks for the eggs to hatch and the lavae to come out and when your water bed looks like a moving alphabeti spagette soup, tip a cup full of chlorine in it and within a day they are all dead! Every last one of them and so you have broken the cycle for a good 6 weeks. Clean the water out and get rid of the chlorine smell then do it all again. Not only is mozzie genocide fun but for me it seems to have reduced the plague to a much more manageable problem.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to masacre a horde of mozzies

Originally Posted by arkon
By accident I've found a really good way of killing an entire generation of mozzies and breaking the breeding cycle. It has seemed to massivley reduced the number of mozzies on my place so here goes to all you mozzie sufferers.

First clean up all debris, dead leaves etc. Find and get rid off all standing water or places it can settle around your home and pay special attention to making sure your gutters are clear. THEN......

Get a fairly large open top container about 1.5m by .5m by 200mm and put it in a semi shaded place and fill it with nice fresh water. On the next feeding frency and shag fest the females seem to take the easy option of laying thier eggs in the nice incubator you just created for them. The adults after doing the wild thing and getting Jiggy go off and die somewhere. Now leave the water a few weeks for the eggs to hatch and the lavae to come out and when your water bed looks like a moving alphabeti spagette soup, tip a cup full of chlorine in it and within a day they are all dead! Every last one of them and so you have broken the cycle for a good 6 weeks. Clean the water out and get rid of the chlorine smell then do it all again. Not only is mozzie genocide fun but for me it seems to have reduced the plague to a much more manageable problem.

You soooo need to get out more!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:27 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You soooo need to get out more!
Well I can now. Now I only get bit to death whereas before I used to get bit to Fxck!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the word massacre and was drawn to it!

We had a few of our sheep done today, home kill and the guy who did it enjoys it a little too much!

Lets just say that if the animal lived in Suffolk he would be answering questions from the police!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon

Ooooohhhhh you are going to get a lot of bad mozzie-karma!!

Good tip though - and educational for children too, if slightly disturbing.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:38 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

You be careful with that little lad around!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:38 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the word massacre and was drawn to it!

We had a few of our sheep done today, home kill and the guy who did it enjoys it a little too much!

Lets just say that if the animal lived in Suffolk he would be answering questions from the police!
There is something wrong with you!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:05 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by busterboy
There is something wrong with you!

Says you!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:07 pm
A rather curious boy

Says you!
How's the hangover Liquorhead?!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:08 pm
Straw Man.

How's the hangover Liquorhead?!

Not started yet. Thats for my holiday!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:11 pm
A rather curious boy

Not started yet. Thats for my holiday!
Sorry Arkon....just one more moment of chat.

Muppet brain Aston seems to have cut his toes off.... he needs your cousin's number (thought your cousin might be interested in toes rather than maggots for fishing) . Can you pm him.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:13 pm
Straw Man.

Sorry Arkon....just one more moment of chat.

Muppet brain Aston seems to have cut his toes off.... he needs your cousin's number (thought your cousin might be interested in toes rather than maggots for fishing) . Can you pm him.

Sure will, but why didnt he just PM me?

Noticed my avatar yet?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:16 pm
A rather curious boy

Sure will, but why didnt he just PM me?

Noticed my avatar yet?
It's Aston....the day I get into his mind, I'll know for sure that I'm out of mine!

Just deal with him....he's probably suffering from the drugs!

What is it?...it's so weeny! See you still have the picture of your mate being intimate with the Cattle Dog (are they married yet)?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:19 pm
Straw Man.

It's Aston....the day I get into his mind, I'll know for sure that I'm out of mine!

Just deal with him....he's probably suffering from the drugs!

What is it?...it's so weeny! See you still have the picture of your mate being intimate with the Cattle Dog (are they married yet)?

Not yet!

Its where we are going in Dartmoor

Your not kidding then? He really has hurt himself?!
Attached Thumbnails How to masacre a horde of mozzies-wds.jpg  
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:23 pm
A rather curious boy

Not yet!

Its where we are going in Dartmoor

Your not kidding then? He really has hurt himself?!
Oh finally, Mr Compassion! ....look for thread called 'hot of the press from my hozzie bed' or the like. He stood on glass and said he severed his toes ...yikes!

Dartmoor looks lovely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.