Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many of you have never been to the UK?

How many of you have never been to the UK?

Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:43 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many of you have never been to the UK?

When i started the very popular thread about Australian inferiority-complex I was naively thinking I was talking toAussies even though this very forum is about Brirish expats.

But the thing I'd like to know about the regular posters here is whether are you all expats or are here some people who just like to mingle in.

I think a very telling question regarding to this site is to ask all posters: Have you ever been to the UK?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have never been to the UK?

I have been to UK, yes.

In the australian immigration forum there are a lot of non Brits, but in the main Australia forum and the barbie I would guess that the majority are British Expats.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have been once for a very short 3 day visit. I've never been to any other part of Europe but would like to some day.

BS, you might be surprised just how many non-British there are in these subfora.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I have been once for a very short 3 day visit. I've never been to any other part of Europe but would like to some day.

BS, you might be surprised just how many non-British there are in these subfora.
Bloody Moose Molesters get everywhere.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Yes, I might be.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
When i started the very popular thread about Australian inferiority-complex I was naively thinking I was talking toAussies even though this very forum is about Brirish expats.

But the thing I'd like to know about the regular posters here is whether are you all expats or are here some people who just like to mingle in.

I think a very telling question regarding to this site is to ask all posters: Have you ever been to the UK?
Might be quicker to stick to the thread title to ask whether anyone has not been to the uk I imagine most Aussies on here have been. Almost every Aussie friend i have has been.

Last edited by fish.01; Mar 12th 2011 at 10:39 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Bloody Moose Molesters get everywhere.
Moose. Tough act to follow.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Spent the first 33 years of my life there ... I suppose I got something out of it ...

Ah, a sense of perspective, that's it.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:58 pm
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Spent the first 33 years of my life there ... I suppose I got something out of it ...

Ah, a sense of perspective, that's it.

Perhaps that is enough to say that you've been there. Whatever your reasons for leaving the place for Aus, I'm sure you know the best.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My Oldest Daughter has only spent 5 weeks of her 27 years there. The Youngest two have spent less than 9 weeks in total there. Daughter no 3, the Viola player, has been put off by Daughter no 2 who spent 5 years there. Not a priority for her anymore.

The oldest Daughter says she never wants to go there again. Totally unsure how much time the others will spend in the UK in the future.

With every year that passes, there seems less relevance for my Children to visit there. With increasing pull from other destinations
Old Mar 12th 2011, 11:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
Perhaps that is enough to say that you've been there. Whatever your reasons for leaving the place for Aus, I'm sure you know the best.
Perhaps it is, not my posting style though, if you want to impose rules on the replies to your very popular threads then you may be fighting a losing battle

Maybe a poll would be better?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 11:59 pm
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
My Oldest Daughter has only spent 5 weeks of her 27 years there. The Youngest two have spent less than 9 weeks in total there. Daughter no 3, the Viola player, has been put off by Daughter no 2 who spent 5 years there. Not a priority for her anymore.

The oldest Daughter says she never wants to go there again. Totally unsure how much time the others will spend in the UK in the future.

With every year that passes, there seems less relevance for my Children to visit there. With increasing pull from other destinations
Indeed, the UK is not the centre of the world. Something many people over there just find it hard to understand.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:03 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by THR
Indeed, the UK is not the centre of the world. Something many people over there just find it hard to understand.
I'm sure you know best
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: How many of you have never been to the UK?

Originally Posted by THR
I'm Australian. I lived in the UK from January 2004-October 2009, during which time I married and had my first child. I possess dual British/Australian citizenship.

So that'll be a "Yes."
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:17 am
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'm sure you know best
If I did I'd be doing something else than posting on an internet forum at 3 am in the morning on a saturday night. So, there is clearly something I don't know best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.