Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many of you have never been to the UK?

How many of you have never been to the UK?

Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have never been to the UK?

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
nope there in 2008 on a jolly around the Baltic and Med

Bought my lad an Arsenal football from the Barcelona shop at the Nou Camp
There's something weird about that Hopefully as a Nottingham lad most of his support is now for the home team
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:22 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There's something weird about that
very

Rugby then train to sweaty land today, as long as it hasn't snowed up north
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
very

Rugby then train to sweaty land today, as long as it hasn't snowed up north
Well at least if its snowed it should keep the sweaties less sweaty
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:26 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least if its snowed it should keep the sweaties less sweaty
and their pale blue hue intact
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:33 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Not for 48 years...................MM
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Do they?

I didnt really understand the point of the post you quoted either, why would a 27 year old who has never lived in the UK feel an affinity towards it? It would seem perfectly logical that they would not.
She has far more UK relations than Aussie ones.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:30 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

I was born in Scotland and lived there most of my life apart from a couple of years living in England and Spain, plus a good chunk of backpacking, and I've been here 16 months. Daughter born here and has never been to UK and looks like we'll never be able to afford to go back for a visit so I guess she'll think she's an Aussie although she's currently British/German. I do hope she doesn't end up with the inferiority complex you mention, sounds like an interesting thread
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Been there - done Lands End to John O Groats road trip.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:16 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

37 years hard labour for me
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by THR
When i started the very popular thread about Australian inferiority-complex I was naively thinking I was talking toAussies even though this very forum is about Brirish expats.

But the thing I'd like to know about the regular posters here is whether are you all expats or are here some people who just like to mingle in.

I think a very telling question regarding to this site is to ask all posters: Have you ever been to the UK?
I think asking yourself why would aussies be reading BE or even interested in immigration if they are happily living in their own country may answer your question.

The only aussies I can think of would be ones who want to sponsor an immigrant/s or have an involvement in some way, of the ones I know (apart from naturalised aussies) most hardly know the immigration rules and dont give it much thought.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoldCoastMag
I think asking yourself why would aussies be reading BE or even interested in immigration if they are happily living in their own country may answer your question.

The only aussies I can think of would be ones who want to sponsor an immigrant/s or have an involvement in some way, of the ones I know (apart from naturalised aussies) most hardly know the immigration rules and dont give it much thought.
Or Aussies that are expats in other countries and joined to get information about that particular country and post advice on Australia from the other side of the fence to add some balance.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 2:46 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I've never been to the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter. We're Canadian (and Australian now) and this site was just the best around for information while we were applying. There was a Canadian site for expats but there was no activity and it was just plain boring.

So, I've been hanging around here ever since we applied for the visa. Kept hanging around even though we've lived in Australia and are now back in Canada. Just can't seem to leave! Not on as much though, but still haven't manage to properly flounce yet!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 5:02 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
I've never been to the UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter. We're Canadian (and Australian now) and this site was just the best around for information while we were applying. There was a Canadian site for expats but there was no activity and it was just plain boring.

So, I've been hanging around here ever since we applied for the visa. Kept hanging around even though we've lived in Australia and are now back in Canada. Just can't seem to leave! Not on as much though, but still haven't manage to properly flounce yet!
Somehow Canada has never interested me. I'm very interested in Australia and New Zealand as my posting history to this site confirms. I have nothing against Canada or the Canadians, on the contrary very nice people, but their country just does not interest me in the slightest.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:13 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by THR
Somehow Canada has never interested me. I'm very interested in Australia and New Zealand as my posting history to this site confirms. I have nothing against Canada or the Canadians, on the contrary very nice people, but their country just does not interest me in the slightest.
Have you ever been to Aus? Or indeed to the UK? (I'm just a nosey git!!)
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:19 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you ever been to Aus? Or indeed to the UK? (I'm just a nosey git!!)
To the UK? Even lived there for a while. To Australia? Sadly not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.