Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many of you have never been to the UK?

How many of you have never been to the UK?

Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have never been to the UK?

Originally Posted by THR
Indeed, the UK is not the centre of the world. Something many people over there just find it hard to understand.
Do they?

I didnt really understand the point of the post you quoted either, why would a 27 year old who has never lived in the UK feel an affinity towards it? It would seem perfectly logical that they would not.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:38 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
If I did I'd be doing something else than posting on an internet forum at 3 am in the morning on a saturday night. So, there is clearly something I don't know best.
We've all been there ... can't sleep, messy break-up, accidentally killed a man, don't beat yourself up about it.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
We've all been there ... can't sleep, messy break-up, accidentally killed a man, don't beat yourself up about it.
That was no accident. Why do you think we left Canada?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:38 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That was no accident. Why do you think we left Canada?
Celine Dion?

Oh sorry, no, she's not Canadian

I have actually only met one Canadian in 'real life', worked in the UK with a guy from Edmonton and he was always amused how the British reacted to the 'winter'.

Nice chap but missed the wide open spaces and desperately wanted to move back and his OH didn't, no idea how he's doing now ...

(edit) It appears he is doing exactly the same thing he was 10 years ago ... hope he finally got that pay rise ... the wonders of the 'net ...

Last edited by DeadVim; Mar 13th 2011 at 1:46 am.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 3:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
When i started the very popular thread about Australian inferiority-complex I was naively thinking I was talking toAussies even though this very forum is about Brirish expats.

But the thing I'd like to know about the regular posters here is whether are you all expats or are here some people who just like to mingle in.

I think a very telling question regarding to this site is to ask all posters: Have you ever been to the UK?
Have you?

And something I wonder when reading some of your threads, have YOU ever been to Australia?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been to lots of places including paradise but I've never been to me. Does that help?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Have you seen things a women aint sposed to see? (sic)
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:04 am
Mostly Harmless

I've been everywhere, man.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
I've seen things I didn't want or need to see, does that help?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:30 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
I took the hand of a preacher man once , but I was about 7 and he was my dad

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've been to lots of places including paradise but I've never been to me. Does that help?
Ooooh can you send me the address of paradise, might be worth a visit. Though I'm off home next month and it'd have to be good to beat that
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:32 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I took the hand of a preacher man once , but I was about 7 and he was my dad

Ooooh can you send me the address of paradise, might be worth a visit. Though I'm off home next month and it'd have to be good to beat that
if by "home" you mean Brissol then the underside of an Afghan goatherders flip-flop would be considered paradise
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
if by "home" you mean Brissol then the underside of an Afghan goatherders flip-flop would be considered paradise
oooh that hurts. "my" bit of Bristol is lovely, I admit its not all as nice, but the keynsham side is great, we are just out into the countryside of South Gloucestershire. And with a niece emailing me daily to tell me how she is counting down the days till she sees her "best Aunty", well, it has to be paradise!

(PS one day she will realise I am her only real Aunty but I'm putting off that moment of disappointment for as long as I can )

(PPS I hear Barcelona is nice this time of year, anyone been there lately? )
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:43 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

oooh that hurts. "my" bit of Bristol is lovely, I admit its not all as nice, but the keynsham side is great, we are just out into the countryside of South Gloucestershire. And with a niece emailing me daily to tell me how she is counting down the days till she sees her "best Aunty", well, it has to be paradise!

(PS one day she will realise I am her only real Aunty but I'm putting off that moment of disappointment for as long as I can )

(PPS I hear Barcelona is nice this time of year, anyone been there lately? )
much better in July
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
much better in July
You visiting then are you? Just don't tell them you're a Gunners fan, they'll fall about laughing
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:07 am
Shiny Arse Know All

You visiting then are you? Just don't tell them you're a Gunners fan, they'll fall about laughing
nope there in 2008 on a jolly around the Baltic and Med

Bought my lad an Arsenal football from the Barcelona shop at the Nou Camp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.