Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many of you have never been to Aus?

Wikiposts

How many of you have never been to Aus?

Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have never been to Aus?

We have never been to Oz. Like grahampaula quoted "we are going blind" as well. Of course we have done as much research as possible but it doesn't give you the real perspective.

Shippers have packed everything away (waiting for me to finish typing this message so they can pack up my computer!!!) and our things are off. Then we fly out on 6th February to Perth.

Lynne
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Thanks for all your answers guys and good luck to everyone heading over soon!

Aus bound - I plan to leave my "posh pad" sometime from the autumn onwards and at the latest this time next year. Heading for Brisbane as thats where hubby is from. First off I have to get all the kids (three of them) Aus citizenship and passports so they and hubby are all sorted, then its just me that has to do teh visa thing and as its a spouse visa I understand its quite a quick process.....but we will see.

I love where I live now but every time I go on holiday to Aus I come home certain that I would love it more there! I am a big fan of wine on the deck!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We went on holiday a few years ago and my hubby had been before I met him as well. I don't think we'd go without having visited first but on those that do. We are hoping to go to Brisbane or somewhere close by as we really loved it there and my husband has relatives on the Gold Coast. We have looked into other areas and do like the look of Melbourne. However we never got to visit on our holiday and don't really want to move somewhere that we've never been to. If we find we don't like Brisbane or can't settle there then we'll look into other areas.