Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many years experience for TRA?

How many years experience for TRA?

Old Mar 30th 2006, 4:52 pm
Taking first steps...

Meryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant future
Question How many years experience for TRA?

Exactly how many years experience do you need if you are asking for a TRA assessment when you have no formal training. I have a feeling it is 6 (or is that just electricians?). My Husband has 5 years 8 months but we are desperate to lodge our TRA app now. Any ideas. Is it vvvv strict?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:31 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many years experience for TRA?

Originally Posted by Meryn & Steve
Exactly how many years experience do you need if you are asking for a TRA assessment when you have no formal training. I have a feeling it is 6 (or is that just electricians?). My Husband has 5 years 8 months but we are desperate to lodge our TRA app now. Any ideas. Is it vvvv strict?

I believe 6 for most trades and 7 for Electrical trades...But please double check on the immigration forum.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi yes it is 6 for most trades however any time at college or uni that "can" be related to your trade can count - i got 2 yrs for a btec national in electronics and electrical engineering - im a telecom engineer!!! My TRA sailed through in about 3 weeks from date of sending - get advise from an agent as they will be able to tell you what will be acceptable and what wont!!

beers n cheers

watty'n'arls
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:58 pm
Taking first steps...

Meryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant future
Smile Re: How many years experience for TRA?

Yeah, we have Go Matilda on the case. he is a floor fitter (floor finisher) which was put on the MODL on Monday hurrah! He has about two years experience in the 90's as a cabinet maker joiner type person so I wonder if they will count that. Its all working with wood isn't it? If not, we will have to wait till August. I am just sooo impatient. Want to go to Aus now.......
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Yeah, we have Go Matilda on the case. he is a floor fitter (floor finisher) which was put on the MODL on Monday hurrah! He has about two years experience in the 90's as a cabinet maker joiner type person so I wonder if they will count that. Its all working with wood isn't it? If not, we will have to wait till August. I am just sooo impatient. Want to go to Aus now.......
I know the feeling, we got a decision back from the TRA nearly 6 months ago and its taken this long to get our full application together as we are not married so have had to prove a defacto marriage (what a ball acher) however its with them now so we are just waiting for a decision now wooohoooo!!!!
well waiting to be told when to get meds done but its good enough after all this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watty'n'arls
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:43 pm
Taking first steps...

Wink Re: How many years experience for TRA?

Good luck with it all. We haven't even got our TRA app in yet. Just doing the prelim forms for Go matilda now. We want to go to Mandurah too. Well rather I do, husband just wants to be near a beach. He's never actually been to Oz but I went backpacking round there in 98. Loved it.

Have just read the depressing forum about people migrating to Oz then returning home. I wouldn't recommend it. Its rather depressing!

Its taken years to persuade husband to go and now that he wants to go I just want to get it all arranged!