British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How many working days I have to stay outside to get the permanent visa stamping? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-many-working-days-i-have-stay-outside-get-permanent-visa-stamping-121842/)

slakshmanan Dec 13th 2002 8:17 am

How many working days I have to stay outside to get the permanent visa stamping?

Currently I am living in Australia. I applied for permanent resident visa in India. Recently I received Pre-Grant letter. I sent back the information they asked. I am palnning to collect my visa in Newzealand. If I get the grant letter, how many working days I have to stay outside the australia to get the visa stamping. If anyone know please helpme, because I have to arrange my travel plan according to that.

mashiraz Dec 13th 2002 9:30 am

Re: How many working days I have to stay outside to get the permanent visa stamping?

As far as I can gather it takes as long as it takes to get off the aircraft walk to the high Commission and get it stamped. I don't think there is a minimum stay.

Mash..

Originally posted by slakshmanan
Currently I am living in Australia. I applied for permanent resident visa in India. Recently I received Pre-Grant letter. I sent back the information they asked. I am palnning to collect my visa in Newzealand. If I get the grant letter, how many working days I have to stay outside the australia to get the visa stamping. If anyone know please helpme, because I have to arrange my travel plan according to that.

BritboyNZ Dec 14th 2002 4:19 pm

FYI - If you're looking for the Australian consulate in Auckland, it's in the PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (level 7), 188 Quay Street, Auckland (the new white skyscraper right on the waterfront, opposite the viaduct/Princes Wharf). Get there early though as the queues can be horrendous & they only have a small waiting area.

Alan Collett Dec 14th 2002 11:28 pm

Re: How many working days I have to stay outside to get the permanent visa stamping?

It is generally best to allow for at least 3 days outside Australia.

You will need to advise the High Commission in India of the date you plan to leave Australia. On the day that you leave Australia (or the day after) the Australian HC in India will grant your visa and will refer your details electronically to the Consulate in Auckland after you have left Australia. Only then can you attend the Consulate in NZ to have your visa evidenced in your passport.

Best regards.

Originally posted by slakshmanan