Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Many Viewings?

Wikiposts

How Many Viewings?

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:24 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bridiej
What's it like inside though? (please dont take offience..!)

I must confess I do watch quite a lot of these "house" type programmes and they are always saying things like clear the clutter, make sure the rooms are decorated in neutral tones and the carpets are clean and neutral (i.e. no big patterns)

Maybe worth getting an honest friend/relative to have a look round and see if there's anything that might be putting people off that you hadnt noticed?
No worries!!! I won't take offence!!

My house has been de-cluttered quite a bit, plus when we have people come round I get rid of absolutely EVERYTHING that might make it personal....I leave nothing out..all work surfaces etc are clear....bedrooms super tickety-boo. I know the routine as I've sold a couple of houses before. The walls are neutral (with the exception of the kids rooms which are basically decorated for kids....nothing too horrific tho!!) The carpets are all plain colours. Friends who have been round think its fine....Larissa's been to my house...so has Lisa (Pete 'n' Lisa) They all think its ok....I'm sure they'd tell me if it wasn't. Even our plonker in a suit (agent) has said its fine and there's nothing more we could do.....I'm just told that the market is flatter than a pancake here in Pompey...

I'm really hoping things pick up in September when all the sprogs are back at school and everyone's had their hols....keep your fingers crossed will ya??
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:28 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsvirgo
We have been on the market 12 months now - just dropped the price by 25k!!! Still no bloody interest this is all thats holding us back now.

My dogs have their flight booked but we don't - wanna move end sept so still time - what do the agents get up to?????

Very frustrated and just finished painting the hall

regards

Debs
Good luck with your house debs... a 25K drop is a huge chunk to lose....hope you get a buyer soon.

I personally think agents are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard....they use excuse after excuse...as I said in my prev post I'm told the market is flat...but I think thats just another excuse to sit on their arses, drink tea and chat all day whilst waiting for houses to sell themselves.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We had about 10 viewings. Went on the market 01/05/04. Got full asking price offer on 21/06/04 on condition we be out by 30/07/04!!!!:scared:
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[. Even our plonker in a suit (agent) has said its fine and there's nothing more we could do.....I'm just told that the market is flatter than a pancake here in Pompey...

Plonker in a suit???? Thats not what you called him the other day. Similar word but I thought it began with a `W`????
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:57 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by artep
No worries!!! I won't take offence!!

My house has been de-cluttered quite a bit, plus when we have people come round I get rid of absolutely EVERYTHING that might make it personal....I leave nothing out..all work surfaces etc are clear....bedrooms super tickety-boo. I know the routine as I've sold a couple of houses before. The walls are neutral (with the exception of the kids rooms which are basically decorated for kids....nothing too horrific tho!!) The carpets are all plain colours. Friends who have been round think its fine....Larissa's been to my house...so has Lisa (Pete 'n' Lisa) They all think its ok....I'm sure they'd tell me if it wasn't. Even our plonker in a suit (agent) has said its fine and there's nothing more we could do.....I'm just told that the market is flatter than a pancake here in Pompey...

I'm really hoping things pick up in September when all the sprogs are back at school and everyone's had their hols....keep your fingers crossed will ya??
At least you know there's nothing wrong with the house then!

I will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you... x