Reload this Page >

How Many Viewings?

How Many Viewings?

Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Many Viewings?

For those of us still in the UK, and are trying to sell the house -
How many viewings have you had or did you have before you managed to sell?

My house has been on the market for 12 weeks and including second viewings we are having our 32nd viewing at 11 today! :scared:

Wish us luck!!

Is this a record, or can someone out there beat us?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

took us seven viewings but then the couple needed a house desperately and ours fell in their price range so we just dropped dead lucky.

Good luck.
Paul
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Been on the market about the same including 2nd and 3rd viewing had about 23 still not sold Agggghhhhhh !!!!!!.

The hoover does not know what's hit it lately
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Depends on the size/value of your house I think. Smaller properties still sell quick.

We have a small modern 3 bed semi. House was up for 2 weeks and the second viewer put in a great offer which we accepted. No chaintoo, should take 6 weeks all being well.

Keep your spirits up. Its just a case of the right person being at the right place at the right time. It will happen!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:39 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Many Viewings?

We had an offer after our 3rd viewing.

Have got the surveys done on the place today.

Its hard keeping everything crossed for 8-10 weeks.

But we hope its worth it in the end.

TT

Originally posted by PHIZA
For those of us still in the UK, and are trying to sell the house -
How many viewings have you had or did you have before you managed to sell?

My house has been on the market for 12 weeks and including second viewings we are having our 32nd viewing at 11 today! :scared:

Wish us luck!!

Is this a record, or can someone out there beat us?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our house on the market for 1 week, had about 8 viewings...got an offer that we accepted at the end of the first week....Agents suggested to continue doing viewings until the Mortgage Survey was arranged and we got a further offer of asking price + £5000. We went back to the first buyer and told them that the first in with the Mortgage Survey would be the one we went with....Survey was booked the following day on the original offer. Exchange should be any day now and completion looking good for 3/9/04....

First time in selling a house....so far so good!! ~knock on wood~
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:20 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

We only had 3 viewers, and 2 of them put offers in. We accepted one of them and are just waiting for a date to exchange contracts.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:53 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

We were on the market for less than a week sold to second person who viewed, for full asking price.
They are sold and ready to go
Survey today

Should be in Perth October, we are having a holiday on the way!!

Good Luck

PJ
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:57 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

My house has been on the market since January.....yes JANUARY...we've had 3 viewings and 1 ridiculous offer. Do I have the record for the most pathetic house sale? I think I do...
Old Jul 29th 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

our house was on the market almost 3 months. Originally we had it on for a lot more than we expected to get. At that stage, we weren't in any hurry,and our agents advised us to just sit back and see what offers came in. What offers!! after a month, reduced the price to a more realistic value, and a couple of weeks later, reduced it again. Had one ridiculours offer, which we tuned down. Eventually, having done our research of our particular area and the local market, reduced the price again so that were in line with similiar properties. had offer a week later, which we accepted. No chain, should complete in about 5-6 weeks.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 12:17 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by artep
My house has been on the market since January.....yes JANUARY...we've had 3 viewings and 1 ridiculous offer. Do I have the record for the most pathetic house sale? I think I do...
Maybe you need help from the "House Doctor"?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 1:54 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bridiej
Maybe you need help from the "House Doctor"?
hmmm....need a bleedin buyer! My house is a lot cheaper than those around too....at the very least 10K cheaper so I'm loathed to reduce it. One house v.similar to mine near me is on for 25K more. Work that one out!! Ok so it has 1 extra room and 1 extra garage....but hey its basically the same.....sheesh I dunno.....blo*dy rotten stinkin' pile o' bricks...
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm....need a bleedin buyer! My house is a lot cheaper than those around too....at the very least 10K cheaper so I'm loathed to reduce it. One house v.similar to mine near me is on for 25K more. Work that one out!! Ok so it has 1 extra room and 1 extra garage....but hey its basically the same.....sheesh I dunno.....blo*dy rotten stinkin' pile o' bricks...
We have been on the market 12 months now - just dropped the price by 25k!!! Still no bloody interest this is all thats holding us back now.

My dogs have their flight booked but we don't - wanna move end sept so still time - what do the agents get up to?????

Very frustrated and just finished painting the hall

regards

Debs
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:08 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

What's it like inside though? (please dont take offience..!)

I must confess I do watch quite a lot of these "house" type programmes and they are always saying things like clear the clutter, make sure the rooms are decorated in neutral tones and the carpets are clean and neutral (i.e. no big patterns)

Maybe worth getting an honest friend/relative to have a look round and see if there's anything that might be putting people off that you hadnt noticed?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bridiej
What's it like inside though? (please dont take offience..!)

I must confess I do watch quite a lot of these "house" type programmes and they are always saying things like clear the clutter, make sure the rooms are decorated in neutral tones and the carpets are clean and neutral (i.e. no big patterns)

Maybe worth getting an honest friend/relative to have a look round and see if there's anything that might be putting people off that you hadnt noticed?
We just did that and ticking off the list of things to get done to make it more appealing only 7 more jobs to do then i'm chucking out all the paint and brushes anything to do with decorating is going!!!

regards

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.