Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many kids can you take on a plane if they are under 3?

How many kids can you take on a plane if they are under 3?

Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many kids can you take on a plane if they are under 3?

Don't worry it's not me again so soon!

But, do the airlines have rules about how many children you can take on a plane under 3 years? I thought it was only 2?

Thanks

Mrs J
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:31 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many kids can you take on a plane if they are under 3?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

But, do the airlines have rules about how many children you can take on a plane under 3 years? I thought it was only 2?

Thanks

Mrs J
Not sure, but I took two under 3s to UK & back by myself, so 2 are certainly allowed.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:36 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the size of your hand luggage I guess
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Thanks

Mrs J
Just good luck with that one.I'd say one at a time is enough.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Thanks

Mrs J
Hi

Caveat
With the airlines I have encountered

For under 2's
You can only book one 'infant seat' ie the cot rather than having a seat for the child, So if you have twins you only get one cot and have to book a child's seat and the cot.

As far as taking children, I have seen parents with a number of children, so I don't think it is a problem once the occupy their own seat. The only thing I would say is that entertaining 3 on your own could be hard work!

Pick an airline with good in seat entertainment eg, emirates have 'on demand' movies on many of their flights

Good Luck
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you happen to have five :scared: how can they stop you buying tickets or whatever for them
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:12 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

The rule is 1 under 2 without a seat per adult, if you had 2 under 2s then you would have to buy a seat for 1 of them as safety regulations only permit you to have 1 infant on your lap.

Lynn
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

As far as I am aware a child under 2 must travel with one adult. On take off and landing under 2's must sit on an adult lap or in a specially approved car seat (need to purchase a seat). Therefore if you have twins under 2 you cannot travel on your own with them-although if one sits on your lap and one in a car seat you may be ok.

I don't know of any other rules once a child is over the age of 2.

Galba
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:31 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by galba
As far as I am aware a child under 2 must travel with one adult. On take off and landing under 2's must sit on an adult lap or in a specially approved car seat (need to purchase a seat). Therefore if you have twins under 2 you cannot travel on your own with them-although if one sits on your lap and one in a car seat you may be ok.

I don't know of any other rules once a child is over the age of 2.

Galba
What happens if you have sextuplets?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
You can't afford to travel anywhere. Not even down to the shops
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Mrs J
I have taken 3 under 4 before and not had any problems. Have to say it wasn't long haul. A 7,6 and 4 year old on my own coming from the Uk was more than enough. At least they let me off the smashed Whiskey in the duty free shop in Singapore. Wish I had a straw handy mind
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:24 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone else on the flight will hate you and BA will manage to send six strollers to different destinations, none of which coincides with your point of arrival
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:43 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

You immediately send your husband for the snip and buy shares in huggies

Lynn
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Peeps, will let friend know
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:36 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Everyone else on the flight will hate you and BA will manage to send six strollers to different destinations, none of which coincides with your point of arrival
ROFL

Karma on it's way !!