Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many going without Jobs

How many going without Jobs

Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

happygolucky121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many going without Jobs

At the scary stage now flights booked, shippers coming in Aug, but cant stop worrying about not having a job to go to -

How many others dont have jobs to go, for those of you who got jobs after arriving how long did it take? what are your experiences. Both me and my partner are in IT and are looking at Brisbane, as we have family their......
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

laidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How many going without Jobs

wouldnt worry bout it too much, we just got back from a 6month reccie of oz and spent 6 wks in brisbane i put a few speculative cv's out in the market to relevant IT jobs i felt id go towards and nearly got my arm ripped off..... i dont think you'll struggle to find something fairly quickly.... i hope its still like that when i do get out there...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:46 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by happygolucky121
At the scary stage now flights booked, shippers coming in Aug, but cant stop worrying about not having a job to go to -

How many others dont have jobs to go, for those of you who got jobs after arriving how long did it take? what are your experiences. Both me and my partner are in IT and are looking at Brisbane, as we have family their......
Are you me?!

Seriously, we're doing exactly the same. A bit daunting, but having had a look on Seek, i'm quietly confident. If that bums out, we should be able to rent for about 10 years on the capital we've got from our house
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:50 pm
HMG
Just Joined

HMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Us too. We've also got family in Brisbane and plan to start looking when we arrive.

I'm sure you'll have no problem whatsoever, and will wish you'd taken more time off when you do get a job!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are also going without jobs. My hubby has a spouse visa and is in Sales here, I work in a school, no idea if we will find jobs but are quite willing to turn our hands to anything to get by.

Scary isn't it

Good luck
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Ditto we are doing the same, looking to get flights booked soon, just waiting for the house to sell!!!! OH in IT, looking at Adelaide or Tas (poss career change if Tas) agencies don't want to know him until we are out there, he has spoke to many!!! All seem positive though for a job once out in Oz. Good luck everyone.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:57 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Good luck folks, I wish you all the best.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We have no jobs either and leave next tuesday
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:16 pm

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
Good luck folks, I wish you all the best.
Yeah me too,good luck to all of you and your families,think positive and make it work
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

aprilr will become famous soon enough

It's all very scary, but we are going with out jobs also, and not taking mega bucks with us, but still willing to give it our best shot, hubby is a train maintenance fitter at present, I am an administrator at a hospital, but also fully trained hairdresser, we are both willing to change jobs if needed, but really have to think, what would pay the bills.
we hopefully want to get to Perth for the end of september or maybe October? Still have not got the Visa yet?

April
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:22 am
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road

I haven't got a job lined up yet but have had a few companies ask me to get in touch to arrange an interview when I arrive. Nothing major, just office work but it looks promising.

I'm quite happy to turn my hand to anything too - just so long as I can work 3/4 days a week.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:26 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julez82
I haven't got a job lined up yet but have had a few companies ask me to get in touch to arrange an interview when I arrive. Nothing major, just office work but it looks promising.

I'm quite happy to turn my hand to anything too - just so long as I can work 3/4 days a week.
No job yet, but planning on signing up with a couple of temping agencies, whilst trying to remember what it was I wanted to be when I grew up.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Going over as a mature student to do a degree so won't have a job for 3 years

Still, I could always send the wife out on the streets
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

3.5 months on.....Whats a job??

Chris
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
3.5 months on.....Whats a job??

Chris

You still not got anything yet

Have you had any interest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.