How many Expats are happy out there?

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

How many Expats are happy out there?

Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many Expats are happy out there?

Just to see how many Expats in Australia are happy and enjoying the Australian lifestyle ???
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 12:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many Expats are happy out there?

Originally posted by Juls:
Just to see how many Expats in Australia are happy and enjoying the Australian lifestyle ???
Great thats what this forum needs another mind expanding poll, why would any succcessful person bother with arse end of the world even Rolf Harris left it .
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Juls, I've lived in Adelaide for nearly 13 years and love it here. I've visited Melbourne, Gold Coast, Perth, Sydney and Tassie, and they were all miles better than where I was living in the UK (just outside Portsmouth). I guess it depends on where you are coming from, if you have squillions and live in a beautiful stone mansion in the Cotswolds, you might not appreciate the lifestyle improvements that Australia can offer as much as someone coming from a run-down council estate might. Australia isn't perfect, but it is a bloody sight closer to perfection than some parts of the UK. Attitude is everything, you seem to have the sort of positive outlook and sense of humour that will help you through any initial hurdles (ie homesickness, don't think you won't get it, you will, but you can work through it). adelaidegirl
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 1:41 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by adelaidegirl:

Hi Juls, I've lived in Adelaide for nearly 13 years and love it here. I've visited Melbourne, Gold Coast, Perth, Sydney and Tassie, and they were all miles better than where I was living in the UK (just outside Portsmouth). I guess it depends on where you are coming from, if you have squillions and live in a beautiful stone mansion in the Cotswolds, you might not appreciate the lifestyle improvements that Australia can offer as much as someone coming from a run-down council estate might. Australia isn't perfect, but it is a bloody sight closer to perfection than some parts of the UK. Attitude is everything, you seem to have the sort of positive outlook and sense of humour that will help you through any initial hurdles (ie homesickness, don't think you won't get it, you will, but you can work through it). adelaidegirl
Attitude nows theres a good one , if you except low wages poor working conditions love blandness Australia is great.
Some of us did not come from run down council estates mores the pity , even if we did a lot of them are far more social and have some kind of community spirit good or bad that Australia lacks.
One or two members of this forum have whinged about immigrants in UK , they themselfs will be immigrants to Australia ironic or what?
Yes a sence of humour does help shame the Aussies have none, there are far too many people who failed in UK come runing to Australia , where as succcessful Australians head for London says it all.

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Attitude nows theres a good one , if you except low wages poor working conditions love blandness Australia is great.
Some of us did not come from run down council estates mores the pity , even if we did a lot of them are far more social and have some kind of community spirit good or bad that Australia lacks.
One or two members of this forum have whinged about immigrants in UK , they themselfs will be immigrants to Australia ironic or what?
Yes a sence of humour does help shame the Aussies have none, there are far too many people who failed in UK come runing to Australia , where as succcessful Australians head for London says it all.

I gather that you are going back to the UK. I truly hope that life for you will be as good in your chosen country as you think it is going to be. I'm sure you would wish the same for the people who are coming to Australia. adelaidegirl
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 2:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by adelaidegirl:

I gather that you are going back to the UK. I truly hope that life for you will be as good in your chosen country as you think it is going to be. I'm sure you would wish the same for the people who are coming to Australia. adelaidegirl

Cannot disagree with that and wish them all good luck , may be the truth is good rather that dressed up bull, there lots of very naive people on this forum who sound just the same as I did a good few years back .
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Cannot disagree with that and wish them all good luck , may be the truth is good rather that dressed up bull, there lots of very naive people on this forum who sound just the same as I did a good few years back .
Difference is PB I'm sure that if the very naive people on this forum get out there and after a few years say "ahh well it's not for me I'd rather go back home" they'll do it and stop bloody being a whinging pom in Oz! Oh and don't give me that they won't go home cus they can't afford it, if someone's that unhappy then they wouldn't care about selling up and go back home with nothing !!!

BTW how many cities in Australia have you visited cus you certainly know a lot about most of them "or is your info just from the newspapers"

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003

Last edited by Juls; Oct 22nd 2002 at 9:24 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 7:49 am
Banned

Difference is PB I'm sure that if the very naive people on this forum get out there and after a few years say "ahh well it's not for me I'd rather go back home" they'll do it and stop bloody being a winging pom in Oz! Oh and don't give me that they won't go home cus they can't afford it, if someone's that unhappy then they wouldn't care about selling up and go back home with nothing !!!

BTW how many cities in Australia have you visited cus you certainly know a lot about most of them "or is your info just from the newspapers"

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003
Look the word whinge and Pom are linked why? think about it lots of good people like yourself come to Australia and start off saying "we dont do that in UK , and we do this in UK" when pointing out how backward Australia is.
I will lose out big time going back ,thanks to fall in Micky Mouse Dollar its not a problem now lifes too short never been without income.
Must admit I have been Adelaide and to quote her in charge "This is a dump lets go Perth", sorry but we all must have a boss.
Hope you settle and get on well , we have tended to look back and going back on holiday made us more homesick for the landscape and family .
We have done all that we can here reasonable home good jobs , but we had that in UK the life here is so limited we have out grown it mores the pity.
PS The Aussies love to rubbish the Poms get ready to snap back at can be very interesting.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Oct 22nd 2002 at 7:57 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

What a shame 'he' had to come onto this poll which promised to be a very positive insight into Australian life. Thanks Adelaidegirl for your comments. I think you have been very honest and it sounds like you and your fanily are happy with your decision. Congrats- i hope to be posting similar things if we ever get there.
Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 8:16 am
Just Joined

kemlo is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 8:20 am
Just Joined

kemlo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kemlo:
You seem to have an attitude problem Mr Pommie B. As a Pommie trying to get into Australia, maybe we could swop? You come back here and sign on the dole, freeze in the Winter, experience the soul destroying Politics and degredation of Family Virtues. Yea you might have that in Oz but at least I'd be warm, least I'd see the damned Sun rather than wandering around in the dark. No I'm not destitute, yes I'm highly skilled and no I'm not staying in Britain. Anyone help?

Kemlo
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Look the word whinge and Pom are linked why? think about it lots of good people like yourself come to Australia and start off saying "we dont do that in UK , and we do this in UK" when pointing out how backward Australia is.
I will lose out big time going back ,thanks to fall in Micky Mouse Dollar its not a problem now lifes too short never been without income.
Must admit I have been Adelaide and to quote her in charge "This is a dump lets go Perth", sorry but we all must have a boss.
Hope you settle and get on well , we have tended to look back and going back on holiday made us more homesick for the landscape and family .
We have done all that we can here reasonable home good jobs , but we had that in UK the life here is so limited we have out grown it mores the pity.
PS The Aussies love to rubbish the Poms get ready to snap back at can be very interesting.
Ok then PB so your admitting that you'd rather be in Australia than you UK then ?

Brits love to rubbish each other what's the difference? It's only human nature!

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Juls:

Thanks Adelaide Girl for starting this thread.

PB obviously does not 'work' for a living as he spend most of his day and night looking for ways to put down everthing on this site !

No wonder he moans that he doesn't earn any money - who would want to employ someone that spends most of the day in a chat room !!

Just chuckle along at him and his negative comments, at least it gives us something to laugh about.

Most people that are hoping to emigrate have a good idea whether Oz would improve their lives, don't let his attacks put you off.

Tinaj
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 4:54 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by Grub:
What a shame 'he' had to come onto this poll which promised to be a very positive insight into Australian life.
I was going to say this--beat me to it

well done to those who voted to keep the "they tell it as it is (via newspaper cuttings) " jolly japesters.
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 1:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by baldbutts:

I was going to say this--beat me to it

well done to those who voted to keep the "they tell it as it is (via newspaper cuttings) " jolly japesters.
Now come on children no one will stop you giving an opinion lest of all me.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.