Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?

How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:00 pm
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice
Default Re: How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?

Hi all, we'll be heading over around June, July got visa's, house on the market and a job offer in Keswick terminal so we're looking at living within an hour of there possibly in the Belair, Coromandel valley area if we can afford it! looking forward to it but not the flight with a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old that are bored in the car after 5 miles. Any tips or info on or around these areas much appreciated.
Currently in Magor south Wales not shipping much if anyone fancies sharing a container
look forward to meeting some of you on here
Andrew, Becky Ellie-Rose and Ben
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

We are looking to go in July if we ever get our visa.

But might have to go sooner as there won't be any room left as there is so many going ha ha.

Tina x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:36 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
i hear theres a bit meteor about to hit adelaide i wouldnt go if i was you lot

That meteor your on about its gonna land on the 17th April ( my birthday ) and its goona ba called the johnston comet and its US
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:13 am
We're going home...yeay!!

Location: Crossing off the days until I can leave Oz and go home.
Tracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really nice

Thanks a lot for the comet news!!

We are moving to Adelaide on 30th April, arriving 2nd May, as long as it's still there and not reduced to a smoking crater......

Good luck everyone and safe and happy travels!

Traci xx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:09 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

well we going to Adelaide this year hope to be there by end of April just waiting on the nice men from the department of immigration to say come on down. House is up for sale got two great job offers one CBD and one in Mount Barker both offering more than i make in UK so all in alll cant wait.

Steve
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevelaird
well we going to Adelaide this year hope to be there by end of April just waiting on the nice men from the department of immigration to say come on down. House is up for sale got two great job offers one CBD and one in Mount Barker both offering more than i make in UK so all in alll cant wait.

Steve
That's fab Steve!

What line of work are you in? We haven't even started looking for jobs yet.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:37 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5895400]That's fab Steve!

What line of work are you in? We haven't even started looking for jobs yet.[/QUOTE

Iam a air conditioning engineer at supervisor level in the uk. But every engineering job i apply for Oz they offer me managerial roles because they cant get any decent engineer over there so they keep saying and also that the locals dont know how to work hard. But thats them saying that not me before i get my head bitten off.

steve
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stevelaird;5895427]
Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's fab Steve!

What line of work are you in? We haven't even started looking for jobs yet.[/QUOTE

Iam a air conditioning engineer at supervisor level in the uk. But every engineering job i apply for Oz they offer me managerial roles because they cant get any decent engineer over there so they keep saying and also that the locals dont know how to work hard. But thats them saying that not me before i get my head bitten off.

steve

Sounds like you will be well set for a good career when you get there.

Good luck with your visa - hope it comes through quickly.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

My partner is a joiner and we are at the medical/police check stage of the visa process so fingers crossed we are almost there.

Since we have previously been to Australia, we had set our sights on Melbourne however having looked seriously at Melbourne we are finding that the house prices are pretty high for our budget and we would probably end up pretty far outside to the North or West which wasn't exactly what we wanted.

Anyway, we have been looking at Adelaide again (since I really liked the look of the place when we started thinking about emigrating) but my partner was more into the cosmopolitan and larger city of Melbourne at first. The problem is that we don't have a clue about what suburbs to look at/stay away from or basically where to start looking to see if we can afford a house in a better area etc.

Any advice on suburbs? General info on Adelaide??? I have searched the site and there is loads on Adelaide but it is getting me confused to have too much non specific information hence this little post about how would a joiner/carpenter get on in Adelaide and what area would we be likely to have to move to for a safe, secure burb with joiner work close by?

Thank you thank you thank you for all your comments in advance... She says hopefully
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

linds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nice

We should be going on 9th march, just waiting to exchange and complete for the 28th feb then giving ourselves a week to tie up loose ends. still soooo much to do but i like planning things under pressure! good thing with this emigrating business!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

linds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nice

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
Hi there

My partner is a joiner and we are at the medical/police check stage of the visa process so fingers crossed we are almost there.

Since we have previously been to Australia, we had set our sights on Melbourne however having looked seriously at Melbourne we are finding that the house prices are pretty high for our budget and we would probably end up pretty far outside to the North or West which wasn't exactly what we wanted.

Anyway, we have been looking at Adelaide again (since I really liked the look of the place when we started thinking about emigrating) but my partner was more into the cosmopolitan and larger city of Melbourne at first. The problem is that we don't have a clue about what suburbs to look at/stay away from or basically where to start looking to see if we can afford a house in a better area etc.

Any advice on suburbs? General info on Adelaide??? I have searched the site and there is loads on Adelaide but it is getting me confused to have too much non specific information hence this little post about how would a joiner/carpenter get on in Adelaide and what area would we be likely to have to move to for a safe, secure burb with joiner work close by?

Thank you thank you thank you for all your comments in advance... She says hopefully
We did a reccie last year and loved Adelaide, had a lovely feel about it, but i couldn't have come with out seeing it first. Suburbs were nice and had info off my cousin about different areas so that helped. I do think it is a personal choice, and you dont know until you get there how you will like things, just go for it and enjoy, xx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

We should be there around mid-May
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:44 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

For all of you that are heading out here shortly, thought i'd share a picture with you, last weekend we went to the beach at Semaphore (about 30-40 min drive out of Adelaide) sadly my camera is kinda crap and it doesnt do it justice, but the water was as clear as crystal and as blue as the sky, it was beautiful
Attached Thumbnails How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?-semaphore-beach-feb08-030.jpg   How many coming to Adelaide in 2008?-semaphore-beach-feb08-002.jpg  
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

ameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really nice

I would be in Adelaide in March....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:46 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
For all of you that are heading out here shortly, thought i'd share a picture with you, last weekend we went to the beach at Semaphore (about 30-40 min drive out of Adelaide) sadly my camera is kinda crap and it doesnt do it justice, but the water was as clear as crystal and as blue as the sky, it was beautiful
nice pics it cements it even more with us that Adelaide is the place for us......

Bring on the 17th April

COME ON !!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.