Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How many carpenters are here ?

How many carpenters are here ?

Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:24 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many carpenters are here ?

Hubby is a Carpenter/Joiner, but we're not there yet Probably be nearer the end of next year when we finally move over. Got our TRA, Visa was submitted in July.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Hi there everyone,
I’m a joiner/carpenter, passed TRA and sent paperwork off for visa, waiting for acknowledgment. Going to Brisbane and cant wait, got family out there and was there in December last year. good luck to you all.
Lee
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

hi all

what tools is everyone taking over ieower tools hand tools ect i dont know to sell all mine here and bye new when over there at the moment i must have £2-000 worth of power and hand tools nail gunns ect. it would be good here what poeple are taking over..cheers
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Regarding power tools, we have researched this a bit and you cannot use 110 power tools on site in australia, they are fine for domestic use if you bring a transformer, but thats it. You can bring any 240 tools and change the plug. All extension leads and power tools have to be checked and certified every three months by an electrician. Will probably take all my tools as I won't get much for them second hand, will just use the 110 round the house with a transformer (if there is room in the container you might as well take them).
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Just jumping in here! Oh is a carpenter. Passed TRA in May and visa application received in July. Waiting for med requests.........

I asked a moderator a little while back would they be able to put "Carpenters" in the sub forum of the "working abroad by profession" section. It has not happened yet so if any of you guys want to pm a mod. and ask maybe it will happen, then we dont have to go mad trying to find this thread after a couple of weeks. I think theres enough chippies on BE to warrant this request. What do you think??
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:23 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

we're off to cairns next year, i'm the main applicant (nurse) and already have a job, OH is a self employed carpenter with no formal qualifications and is 51, do you think he'll get a job?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
we're off to cairns next year, i'm the main applicant (nurse) and already have a job, OH is a self employed carpenter with no formal qualifications and is 51, do you think he'll get a job?
Hmmm! I think it might be very difficult... maybe you are going to have to keep him and he will have to spend all day at the beach!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by macker
Hi,

Just jumping in here! Oh is a carpenter. Passed TRA in May and visa application received in July. Waiting for med requests.........

I asked a moderator a little while back would they be able to put "Carpenters" in the sub forum of the "working abroad by profession" section. It has not happened yet so if any of you guys want to pm a mod. and ask maybe it will happen, then we dont have to go mad trying to find this thread after a couple of weeks. I think theres enough chippies on BE to warrant this request. What do you think??
Think it would be a great idea to have a carpenters sub forum, would be much easier to track down information.

Dolly
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dolly,

Thanks for that!!!