Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how many brickies are on here.

how many brickies are on here.

Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how many brickies are on here.

Originally Posted by aston man
hi wombat is that abot $300 a day then,i thought the average days pay was about £350

with thanks marcus
no its $250 a day wish it was $350 we might not be so skint ! we know alot of english brickies round this way and not met one yet thats happy with the work or pay.
lucy
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:46 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat
no its $250 a day wish it was $350 we might not be so skint ! we know alot of english brickies round this way and not met one yet thats happy with the work or pay.
lucy

Sounds like there is definitely some opportunity to revolutionise this industry then lads. My thoughts are that every one is suffering on an individual basis and what is needed is for you all to get together.

Would be interesting to see how many brickies there actually are in Perth or Victoria or Brisbane or Adelaide. In line with the OP can i suggest people listing their location (or intended location?)
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:25 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Sounds like there is definitely some opportunity to revolutionise this industry then lads. My thoughts are that every one is suffering on an individual basis and what is needed is for you all to get together.

Would be interesting to see how many brickies there actually are in Perth or Victoria or Brisbane or Adelaide. In line with the OP can i suggest people listing their location (or intended location?)
perth for me bears
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:30 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man
perth for me bears
Mornington, Vic for us!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:39 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Mornington, Melbourne for us (or where ever the work is in Victoria (any offers mateys )
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

was definitely perth but could be swayed to Adelaide
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:57 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by butch&shell
was definitely perth but could be swayed to Adelaide
hey butch fancy a 2+1.lol.we must keep in touch over there
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Perth for us ( they build brick houses there !)
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ohippy
Perth for us ( they build brick houses there !)
3+1
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:25 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
Mornington, Melbourne for us (or where ever the work is in Victoria (any offers mateys )

I thought you were going to Adelaide?

When you planning on going?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:18 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalSa
I thought you were going to Adelaide?

When you planning on going?
Hi ya Sally

We've always been going to Melbourne cos we got our visa through STNI 137 on proviso that we went to Victoria. I think you may have got confused as I think I mentioned our case worker was based in Adelaide.

We were hoping to go and validate (this is all down to the fact we can sell the bloody house before hand) in Jan/Feb 2007, but now we are seriously having second thoughts about going at all because of all the bad/negative stories that are emerging. There's no way I'm uprooting my family and going to all that expense (despite the small fortune that it has cost up to now to get THIS far) to end up being worse off. Don't get me wrong we are not expecting a bed of roses if/when we get there but I would like to have at least half a fighting chance to try and make it work, ( I'm not being biased, but Ade is one of the most hard working blokes about and some of the shit stuff he has had to do makes me so proud of him as I'm sure all your OH's do I'm sure, cos we all know what the building game is like) but by what I am seeing and hearing, it doesn't look all that promising and there is no way I'm going to put this decision and pressure on him and there's no way in hell I'm going to jeopardise my family's future.

Sorry for going off on one Sally but this is the only thing that has kept us going for the last umpteen months and its all looking as if its going tits up. I just feel we've been led up the proverbial garden path as so to speak !!!

Sorry once again

Amanda xx
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:50 pm
Banned

Ashers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya Sally

We've always been going to Melbourne cos we got our visa through STNI 137 on proviso that we went to Victoria. I think you may have got confused as I think I mentioned our case worker was based in Adelaide.

We were hoping to go and validate (this is all down to the fact we can sell the bloody house before hand) in Jan/Feb 2007, but now we are seriously having second thoughts about going at all because of all the bad/negative stories that are emerging. There's no way I'm uprooting my family and going to all that expense (despite the small fortune that it has cost up to now to get THIS far) to end up being worse off. Don't get me wrong we are not expecting a bed of roses if/when we get there but I would like to have at least half a fighting chance to try and make it work, ( I'm not being biased, but Ade is one of the most hard working blokes about and some of the shit stuff he has had to do makes me so proud of him as I'm sure all your OH's do I'm sure, cos we all know what the building game is like) but by what I am seeing and hearing, it doesn't look all that promising and there is no way I'm going to put this decision and pressure on him and there's no way in hell I'm going to jeopardise my family's future.

Sorry for going off on one Sally but this is the only thing that has kept us going for the last umpteen months and its all looking as if its going tits up. I just feel we've been led up the proverbial garden path as so to speak !!!

Sorry once again

Amanda xx
This negativity is the minority though mate. Most people who migrate, don't turn out like Mike Stanton, Renth or Pommie Bastard.

You just hear so much more from these sorts of people because it's so easy to be negative. Letting off steam to such a captive audience on here, must have it's benefits, and is mainly done so for selfish reasons I would guess.

By comparison, when people are content, they don't always shout from the roof tops. A useful analogy here is voters in elections when they're generally happy. Many don't appear at the polling stations!!

Another thing to consider is this. What percentage of migrants come back? And how many Australians by comparison are migrating to the U.K?

We have our doubts. Mostly for what we might be subjecting our children to. But then again, what are we denying them?

I love what a new life in Australia has got to offer, and am really excited about it. And even if things don't work out over there, come home. Nothing has to be forever.

We sure as hell are not going to sit in our wheel chairs in later life wondering what if?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:56 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya Sally

Sorry once again

Amanda xx
Amanda

Just PM you (sorry put Sally instead of Amanda). Don't be too disheartened there must be a way forward. You seem to have only had some negative views recently. There is also alot of positive views held over here.

Kiwi
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashers
This negativity is the minority though mate. Most people who migrate, don't turn out like Mike Stanton, Renth or Pommie Bastard.

....Another thing to consider is this. What percentage of migrants come back? And how many Australians by comparison are migrating to the U.K?
Firstly...how on earth do you make out that Renth is a negative poster ? .
He is very pro Australian....He is only 'negative' ( or perhaps realistic) about the ridiculous house prices and levels of crime in Perth.

For your information a lot of people return and lots of Australians migrate to the UK.

G
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Firstly...how on earth do you make out that Renth is a negative poster ? .
He is very pro Australian....He is only 'negative' ( or perhaps realistic) about the ridiculous house prices and levels of crime in Perth.

For your information a lot of people return and lots of Australians migrate to the UK.

G
Im not a negative poster either, i hardly ever post on here but i just wanted to reply to this thread to let people really know what its like being a brickie in Queensland.
we actually love everything about living here except the work situation and we have no plans of ever returning to England to live. We have been here over 2 years now and feel that this is home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.